“Good Morning Coffee and Muffin”

Stouthaus Coffee Pub
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Pub
Description: South Austin has so far been left out of the true espresso, specialty coffee destination experience. So James and Sandy Hughes decided to be part of the solution. Founding Stouthaus Coffee Pub (SCP) in January 2013, they started with a catering and farmers market model while planning and searching for space for their first brick and mortar. We all know there's so much to be passionate about in the great city of Austin, but first there's coffee. With over 15 coffee roasters in the Austin area, there's no reason not to find a quality cup of coffee south of Hwy 290. Stouthaus Coffee Pub is focused on being a community gathering spot to satisfy your thirst and your need to just break away. Serving fresh, locally roasted coffee, locally brewed ales, and food from Austin area vendors, SCP is a coffee shop with a public haus feel. We're passionate about coffee, community, Austin culture, and excellent customer service. C'mon over and steep yourself at Stouthaus Coffee Pub.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On Our way out of Austin we found Stouthaus. It was on what i would call the frontage road for the expressway, and one best not miss the turn. Anyway we were quite happy with the coffee and the baked goods. The place is modern and seemed to be full of laptops and people on the net. A few conversations going on, but almost all tables filled with surfers or workers, who knows? Easy in and easy out, once you see the lay of the land. Judging by the number of taps at the bar, I am betting that this place gets hopping for lunch and dinner. Looks like it would be worth a try for that at another time.
Good coffee and Muffin. That I can speak for.

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

I found this place just googling for coffee shops near me. It is a unique place with food, coffee and beer. The staff is really friendly and my latte was awesome. I got it to go and I really liked that they let me lid it and get to see the latte art.

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

In from out of town, visiting family, looking for something to do on a Saturday night. Found this place had trivia. We are alcohol drinkers not nighttime coffee drinkers. So we tried a variety of beers while enjoying a fun evening of trivia. They do not have a full bar, only beer, wine and coffee but you can’t have everything. The pub is very clean, definitely coffee house atmosphere in the American sense. Employees are very friendly and helpful. Counter service only, no table service. Would go back for trivia

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Welcome midgets, enter with joy for there are seating commodities within for all your teeny needs. Also literally everyone here has a macbook, EVERYONE, so if you need to make a quick buck they're practically asking you to steal their stuff.

Reviewed September 18, 2016

I happened to have dinner at the pizza place nearby and decided to grab a coffee for the drive home. I get the coffee and go to the prep station to doctor it up. There's no milk, no half and half, no creamer or dairy product of any kind. After making a request from the barista, I get some half and half. Back I go to the prep station and find that there is no sweetener's other than cane sugar and Stevia. They don't carry any of the more conventional sweetener options. By this time, I'd lost my interest in coffee and just left. Never again.