1,667 results
All reviewsspa breakq hotelsstretton foxspa staffrelaxation roomlounge barlight lunchgood sizeceiling fanrestaurant managerleisure facilitiesnight breakevening meallovely hotelspa areabirthday treatlocal pub
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

This is the 4th q hotel visited over a number of years. The Spa break was overall good value in my view at £210 for three meals , a treatment each and facilities.
The good : the treatment was lovely and the gym / pool good. The room was comfy and clean. The staff were professional in the main.
The not so good: the spa tour was a quick point in a vague direction of different rooms which left us confused. The pre dinner drinks left me gobsmacked as my large glass of wine was extortionate - at £11.30 a glass I can see why many customers chose to drink in their rooms and why the bar lacked atmosphere. I only asked for a Sauvignon when asked what type of white wine - I was offered two choices - South African or New Zealand. I checked if there was a big price difference to be told around 50p so ordered the New Zealand I would drink at home ... £11.30 ... really ??
Dinner consisted of a tasty cauliflower soup. The fries and chips that came with our mains were salted to within an inch of their lives . I love seasoning but this ruined the main. The cheesecake dessert was frankly vile with a heavy , solid biscuit that was tasteless beneath. We both left a lot. I have to say breakfast was good especially the fruit . Would I return. Possibly . The day spa for 2 looks good value but the pricey drinks and my mixed quality of the food would make me think twice.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
James P, Operations Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear Zara76

Many thanks for your recent feedback following your stay with us.

I am glad that you felt that overall the spa break was good value despite the issues that you felt with one or two elements of our food and beverage service and quality.

It would appear that at £11.30 per glass you were sold a large glass of our most expensive white wine which is indeed a very good New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc but I will be investigating with my team why it was that this was not clearly explained to you at the point of service, my apologies if you felt misled as this would certainly never be our intention.

Thanks again for leaving us your review and I do hope that we will have the opportunity of having you return in the near future.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Reception on arrival very good ,booked in with the minimum of fuss,told on arrival that we could not eat in the Restaurant
as it was being used for a Christmas Party night.Advised that the Restaurant Menu however would be available in the Lounge,no need to book just turn up when ready.
Very pleasant reception staff in the Leisure facility,the pool just a little too cool for my liking though.
Arrived for Dinner in the Lounge,had to make contact with one of several staff members to whom I appeared to be invisible.
Sit down anywhere we were told,the menus are over there,not the Restaurant Menu but the Lounge one,someone will come and take your order.No one came so I went to the Bar to ask for a Wine list,only to be told that none was available,"we haven't got one,what do you want? red or white ,I will tell you what we have got."
At this point I had to pinch myself to see if I really was in a 4 Star Hotel or maybe a run down B & B,I insisted on seeing a Wine list only to be told this time that they were all on the tables in the Restaurant where the Christmas Party was being held,I told the young man to please go and source one and bring it to my table.He did begrudgingly,no one came for our order so back again I went to the Bar and asked to order some wine,a beer and some food please,only to be asked flippantly would I like them separate or altogether.
As I and my wife had had a long day and really did not want to go out hunting through the Cheshire countryside for food and drink ,I let this one go !
Thinking it could not get any worse we waited for the food to arrive,the starter duly arrived and was placed on the table by a young girl who promptly disappeared,unfortunately no cutlery came,so back to the bar yet again to ask for some.
The mains came and again arrived without cutlery for which I had to ask for along with condiments.
The food served certainly did not do justice to the price and or the surroundings and quite frankly was mostly inedible.
I went to the Reception desk on our way back to our room and made my dissatisfaction known.
Went to sleep in a acceptable room ,the beds were reasonably comfortable but creaked every time you moved.
Fine until woken at 01.15 by noisy party goers,the room next door continued the party until at 02.00am in exasperation I rang Reception to ask someone to come and tell the revellers to be quiet!!
Breakfast ok,semi warm food,as most hotels are these days,made worse by cold plates.
On Checkout the same Receptionist that I had spoken to the previous evening was on duty and he told me that the Duty Manager had authorised a reduction of £15 from my food bill for the poor service and asked if that was acceptable.I said for starters yes but just let me show you a picture of the food and then see what you think.
At which point,the whole of the food bill was deducted.
Would I come back ?probably but certainly not on a Christmas Party night

Dear Iain S

Many thanks for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you experienced a number of issues during your stay with us

I apologise that you were clearly misinformed by a member of my team regards the a la carte menu service, as we had no intention of running the restaurant menu in the bar on any of the evenings where the restaurant was booked privately for Christmas parties. I am sorry that this would not appear to have been communicated to you effectively on this occasion.

It is of course disappointing that you were not satisfied with the food quality that you received and I am pleased that my duty manager did their best to address this situation.

I do hope that you will consider the hotel again next time that you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Invited here for a birthday celebration on a Sunday Lunch A bit dissatisfied and disappointed, food was tasteless and minimal amounts served. Most of us had the Xmas dinner. The waiter was attentive and charming. Which made a bit of difference to the rating of 3 that I consider this to be on this occasion would have been a 2.
Been here several times over many decades. But his is by far the worst experience. Park Royal you can and have done better why so bad this time?

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends

Dear Tim H

Thanks very much for the review following your recent visit for Sunday lunch.

I am disappointed to hear of your experience during your festive lunch I am glad to read that you and your party were well looked after by our team member who served you on the day. I can assure you that I will be looking further into your feedback and I do hope, that having enjoyed many a visit to the hotel before, that you will return in the future.

Kind regards and thanks again for the feedback

Reviewed 26 December 2016

We booked a party of 9 for our Christmas dinner. We booked this after they did a fantastic job for my wife's 50th. We arrived and were greeted very well and made to feel welcome. The front of house did a great job looking after us. We finally went to our table where we had a free bottle of prosecco, courtesy of the Manager (thank you}. The starters were all good and tasty. We then had a champagne sorbet which was delicious Unfortunately, this is where the good comments finish. The main course came and unfortunately the turkey was dry and the vegatables looked like they had been cooked and left in the oven for ages and were not very warm. The taste confirmed it, they were all pretty tasteless apart from the burnt flavour on the parsnips. The gravy was good though. The afters then came, the xmas pudding was cold and the lemon tart was very tart! like placing your tongue on a battery. I realise that this would have been mass cooking, however I would expect and have had tastier food
Our coffee arrived, minus the mince pies (which were on the menu). We then waited for 10-15 mins for the cheese and biscuits, all the other tables were being cleared so in the end we asked where they were, only to be told you help yourselves from the middle section. This should have been told to us during the meal or at the start! Because everywhere was being cleared we felt obliged to not bother so they could clear away the table. We then went into the lounge to finish our drinks. I ordered 2 brandies and when pouring asked if they could be put in brandy glasses, only to be told they didn't have any??? A four star hotel that doesn't have brandy glasses???
This is the second xmas day we have been. The first was really good with tasty food, this year was a real let down. We spent £1000 on the day and feel very disappointed. Would we go again? If we did it would need to improve and I would maybe book an earlier table so the food was fresher and maybe tastier?

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank we8united

Dear We8United

Thank you very much for leaving us your feedback following your family meal on Christmas Day.

I am glad that the team looked after you well but of course am disappointed with your comments concerning your main course and dessert etc. We had fantastic feedback from our Christmas lunches this year so all the more disappointing to hear of your experience. I am glad that, having visited the hotel previously, you have experienced our fantastic standard of food quality and I do hope that you will consider us again for next year.

Please let me know if you do plan to return in the future and I will personally oversee your arrangements.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

The Staff at the Park are always wonderfully accommodating. Despite is staying on a weekend full of Xmas Parties, our room was quiet, clean and as comfortable as always. The staff are fabulous, even when overwhelmed with Xmas party goers. The team at the gym are friendly and helpful, and the breakfast staff remembered us from previous visits. The Park remains a firm favourite of ours when visiting the North. Well recommended.

1  Thank AandJNewbury

Dear AandJNewbury

Thanks very much for the excellent review following your stay over the festive period with us

All of your comments are very much appreciated and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in 2017.

Kind regards & Best wishes