“Lovely”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in one of the pods on the ground. Considering it was snowing it was so warm and toasty.

We had a terrible time booking a taxi - the land lord of the pub arrange a lift for us.

They went over and above what was necessary. Made us feel welcome and part of the community.

Not to mention they had a lovely selection of gins.

We were only gutted we had eaten before we had arrived because the Carvery looked and smelled incredible.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Stopping on site in our caravan (£15 per night)
Lovely carvery yesterday, loads of meat, cooked well, and a real abundance of veg, all hot.
Great friendly staff, and a really helpful gaffer.
Definitely will come here again, pity weather is poor

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I visited with my family for a late Sunday lunch (4pm) recently and we thoroughly enjoyed it!

First the Positives: the carvery has an abundance of choice, including four meats (!), a homemade steak pie, vegetarian options and at least 15 different types of vegetables. This ensured there was something for even the fussiest of eaters in our party. Definitely not a case of quantity over quality either, as everything was delicious, well-cooked and replenished often. Best of all was the price. Incredible value for under £10 per person, particularly when you can even return for second helpings of the veg if you have room!

Room for improvement: just a few constructive comments. Little or no crackling on the pork. Also, service was a little slow and stilted, but I am more than willing to put that down to how busy they were, particularly because they identified that had suffered a few long waits (drinks and then the bill) and they apologised without being prompted. Finally, the overflow car park by the Yurts needs attention please! I twisted my ankle struggling back to my car over rocks, stones and rubble and that isn’t really suitable for a public area.

All in all though a great place for lunch, and looking forward to returning to sample the other menu which sounded tasty. Thanks!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Had lunch which was the carvery, meat was tough and vegetables all seemed over cooked. Table we sat at was not very clean the top was smeared & sticky.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

As a regular to the Royal Oak , as my title says this is the best meal in the area by far, serving four meats , Beef, Pork, Turkey and Gammon and the selection of vegetables is amazing and even a home pie to supplement your meal. The price is £6.99 Monday to Friday between 12 and 3pm and 3pm to 8pm £7.99, Saturdays £7.99 and £9.99 on a Sunday . On Sunday they do sittings at 12pm 2pm 4pm 6pm and bookings are advisable .I would really recommend The Royal Oak, and I would advise to visit the pub at 12pm Monday to Friday , you will not be disappointed.