“Lunch”

Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Chobham
Price range: US$16 - US$53
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We love our new home here at the Sun Inn and we are thrilled to be a part of beautiful Chobham. We have retained all the cosiness of the historic old pub and added a wonderful new extension to house our brasserie where we serve French classics and British pub favourites..All cooked using fresh, seasonal ingredients. We have plenty of cosy nooks and comfy corners that you can while away the chilly winter days in, and with 5 log fires going you are sure of a warm welcome.Our garden is a veritable sun trap and perfect for leisurely lunches in the summer. We hope you will find time to pop in and see us for a beer in the bar or a bite in the brasserie. We look forward to meeting you.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for a friends birthday lunch. The set lunch menu was very nice and good value for money . A relaxed atmosphere with good service

suninn_chobham, Manager at The Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Good morning Sarah,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review.

At £11.95 for 2 courses, we agree that the set menu is great value for money! Don't forget that it changes every month so there is also a lot of variety.

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and felt we provided good service in a relaxing environment. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I have just eaten here. I have eaten here regularly as I can bring my dogs and they do a good fixed priced menu. Today I ordered from the fixed price menu and ordered some bread to nibble on whilst waiting for my main course. The main course arrived ( very quickly ) before the bread. I was told there would be a further wait for the bread so I cancelled it, my reason for ordering it was to have as a pre amble to the main course. However I quickly wished I hadn’t cancelled it as my main course of cod on crushed potatoes was so tiny. If they advised customers that the portion is tiny, I would have ordered a side. The apple crumble dessert was nice, but the plate was so hot, I burnt my finger on it , whilst trying to move it around the charger. I think everything is ready in advance and just warmed up.
The staff apart from one nice barman don’t care here. I had to ask for cutlery and even a menu. I appreciate I was sitting in the bar ( with the dogs) and it is bar service, but one should be given cutlery before being handed the main course.
I don’t think I will be back. Prices are reasonable, but I would rather pay more and get better quality and better service. Try the White Hart if you are in Chobham or The Four Horseshoes. Both have much better food, and happier staff, and both accept dogs.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

A nice casual lunch for the 6 of my friends and I, we all had food off the set menu, a mixture of the soup of the day and some nice beetroot and goats cheese lentil starter. Then we all had the steak frites, which was very nice and considering it was all for a price of 13.95 for 2 courses, this was great value and great food! Very pleased with our choices!

Unfortunately the service and tentativeness of the earlier lunch time staff/waitresses was not as great. We had to wait a quite bit longer than we expected too; asking questions about the menu, about the different menu’s available, general questions, in-between course for plates to be cleared, when we wanted some more drinks and then finally asking for the bill.
This was a shame because my friends and I have all been to the Sun Inn before and have received great service and continuously lovely food.
I hope the next time we come the service is a bit more tentative.

Good morning,

We value all feedback whether good or bad so that we can improve on a daily basis.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I'm sorry that on this occasion, you felt you didn't receive the high level of service we normally deliver at The Sun Inn.

If you would like to discuss your time with us in more detail please do call us on 01276859190

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Nice pub with good food and good service. Restaurant one side, cosy pub the other. Best pub in the Chobham area

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

We pride ourselves on providing good quality food alongside great service. Our pub incorporates an open bistro restaurant and a cosy bar area to cater to all customer needs. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Driving through the area looking for somewhere to lunch and decided to give this place a try.

Friendly welcome and quickly shown to a table. We explain the we were heading for Heathrow to catch a flight and had limited time. Our waited was able to advise us which of the dishes could be served quickly and keep us on schedule.

We chose two courses from the set lunch menu, the soup was piping hot and very tasty and our mains were excellent. Promptly served and kept us on schedule.

Would like to visit again, with more time to enjoy the lively atmosphere.

Well worth a visit.

suninn_chobham, Manager at The Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you so much for your great review!

We are glad that our waiter was able to assist you in choosing dishes that would be appropriate for your visit.
We are proud of the quality of our produce and the knowledge of our staff and it is lovely to receive such positive reviews which reflect that.

Hope you enjoyed your holiday and we hope to see you again very soon!