Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
FindHotel
US$174
View deal
Free cancellation until 12/08/21
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews the pub century inn birthday lunch cooked to perfection main course lamb sunday carvery wine list yorkshire pudding following morning bobotie sinead starters diners pint oxford
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 May 2021 via mobile

We had a lovely family birthday dinner. Great food, great service and great ambience. I had the shared fried fish starter followed by the steak pie and then an affogato. Other members of the party had steak and the lamb / mint pie

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2021

We were dining outside due to the pandemic and we were provided with blankets but it was still very cold. When it was possible, my friend and I were moved to a table with a heater which we were so grateful for. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly especially Freja.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 4 December 2020

I was waited on by Sara who was very friendly, smiley and helpful, just what you need in these times. My vegetarian burger was by far the best one i’ve ever eaten. I would highly recommend if you were looking for high quality food at a reasonable price.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2020

Room: High ceiling with a neutral but quietly quirky design, altogether very soothing. Spacious bathroom with waterfall shower and good soaps. Nice bar with real ale and a restaurant with EXCELLENT food, even on the dreaded Monday service. Uniformly friendly and excellent staff. Booked two nights because our house was being renovated and the dog and I needed to go somewhere. This stay relieved SO much stress. Thanks to all connected with the Crown for a great stay in the face of the second lockdown.

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 12 October 2020

After reading a review saying to avoid The Crown I felt I had to give a review of my experience there.
I absolutely love The Crown and think the below review about Track & Trace is very unfair. I booked in advance so they would have had my details anyway and they have posters with the NHS app on arrival.
Yes a customer tested positive once and they had to contact people who had visited but none of their staff tested positive. So any review saying they are unsafe is very unfair!
Their staff wear PPE and it certainly felt safe to me. I saw staff sanitising tables after people had left and they keep tables at least 1 metre apart.
The food is delicious, the setting is lovely and I have never had anything but a great experience here. I will be back again soon and continue to support this lovely pub and encourage everyone else to do the same!

Date of stay: October 2020