“Nice restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Twycross
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely clean and modern restaurant. Good service , good staff.I had the belly pork with crackling mashed potatoes apple slice and black pudding . The meal was nice but It did not come with veg and we were not asked if we would like to order some , I did not realise until it was served and it was too late then to order some.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

What can I say, beautiful place. I had been told beforehand it can get a little noisy but I didn’t notice it being anymore noisy than most restaurants at full capacity.
Staff were all lovely and helpful food was amazing and the cocktails were awesome would highly recommend and I’m sure we will be back

Reviewed 30 June 2018

We had a great lunch today at Turpins to celebrate two birthdays.

A warm welcome when we arrived. We had booked and were given a choice of tables for our group of four. Drinks orders were taken as soon as we had sat and looked through the cocktail and, for the driver, the mocktail menu. Drinks arrived without delay and food orders taken Again we didn’t have to wait long for our starters.

They were delicious. Generous portions. The marinated pork, on skewers, melted in the mouth, the chicken liver parfait was delicious, as was the chargrilled brie.

The mains were also excellent. The sticky duck and hoisin salad was gorgeous, with plenty of the delicious duck meat. The homemade pie was an individual pie served with, what I was told, great chips. Vegetarian choices can be very unadventurous in some places. Not here! The confit mushroom steamed pudding was very original and an imaginative veggie option. Again, generous portions.

Deserts are smaller, but totally scrummy. Wait for the surprise inside the white choc and honeycombed cheesecake! All our choices went down well.

The cocktails were great and, again, a bit different from the usual offerings. Great selection of gins. The mocktail drinker wasn’t disappointed either.

Lovely waiter. Great sense of humour. No loud music to drown conversation. Good amount of room between tables. Light and bright. Pleasant atmosphere and, at lunch, not too noisy. Loved it! We will be back again.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Called in here on a spur of a moment. On first impressions I thought “wow, this looks nice”. We were dressed casual. I was in jeans with a jacket and my partner was wearing knee length jeans and a t-shirt nothing shabby looking though. I say this as the look we were greeted with on arrival was similar to when the blues brothers attend the top restaurant looking for their band mate!!! Disgust!! I was quite shocked by this as I thought we were in Tamworth not Windsor!!
Before we had even been sat down we were told they were busy tonight (there were several free tables that were not reserved as we looked around) and we would need to be leaving the table by 7pm. Note: we arrived at 5:45. Which doesn’t give you much time for ordering food/waiting for food to arrive!!
Well we thought ok might as well. .... and so begins the clock!! I was determined to make the most of the brief time we would have there.
The first waiter who served us was snobby and basically had a look of distaste of having to serve customers!!! After a wait we eventually got the drinks. (Clock continues) food was eventually served by a waitress who looked at us as if we had a bad smell surrounding us... no smile or pleasantness.
Food eventually turned up. My partner had muscles which he enjoyed but said he could cook better. We had asked for some plane bread and ended up with garlic bread! Not that difficult to serve... I had the halloumi chips, asparagus and poached egg which again was nice but nothing that blew my mind! Clock still going, we asked for bread again to which eventually a lovely waitress from the kitchen brought out and said the chief says you can keep the garlic bread no fee. Erm ... thanks but never asked for it!! She was the only staff member there that treated us with a true customer service.
Throughout the whole time we were there no one came and checked on us and asked how we were. They went and asked every table around us instead. We didn’t bother with dessert as our time was nearly up plus didn’t want to wait for some snobby staff member to come round again.
Overall we managed to leave the table early through the shear fact that we had never felt so uncomfortable ever before and were glad to get out. So if you’re looking for somewhere overpriced and want to be treated with no customer service then turpins is your place. Definitely not going again.

2  Thank Alicia3778
Reviewed 16 June 2018

What a shame I'd not been to this pub for years it is completely unrecognisable it has been turned into a supposedly gastro pub one like many others around the country. It was very busy but we had booked and were seated very quickly. The food was okay but nothing special and as we were there for Sunday lunch it would have been nice to have had that option but they do not cook roasts apparently. It was okay but you could have been anywhere there was nothing to put it ahead of the pack, but as I said it was very busy so they must be doing something right but we wont be going back any day soon to find out what that is.

3  Thank AbigailParty