Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 15, 2021

First of all I seldom write reviews but this time I feel it's well deserved.

Its rare to find a good resort AND a good stuff which was very helpful. I decided to travel alone and didn't know the places to visit on this great island. I was impressed that the manager gave me a lot of good tips what to do or where to visit the island including secret not so well known places on the island. This Resort is not small and I liked how much they give attention to the guests. On my other travels I didn't had an experience like this and I can recommend this especially for ppl who can use some good infos to make this trip unique..

Btw I need to mention the rooms are very clean and has a good wifi which is rare on an island. Also I recommend if you ever plan to visit the island make sure to keep the paradise clean.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
James Casey, Owner at Kalipay Resort Siargao, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2021

Hi Fabio
Many thanks for your kind words and we are all really happy that you enjoyed Kalipay Resort so much. Please stay safe and see you again.
Best wishes
Marj :)

Reviewed December 21, 2019 via mobile

I booked this hotel about two days in advance. At Booking you're required to enter your credit card. Because the reservation isn't guaranteed when you book, the property was supposed to send me link with instructions for payment. I never got it until five hours before check-in when I was already on my way to the airport to take the flight to Siargao. When I called the hotel to explain I cannot make the transfer while on the taxi the woman who answered told me that she had sent it the day before and if the internet at the property wasn’t working it wasn’t her problem. I did manage to convince her not to cancel my booking which she threatened to do. By the way, you will also need to pay a 3% fee for this transaction on top of the rate, which Booking claims no credit card fees.

The really horrible part of my stay was that I did a road trip with a couple of friends I had met the day before and these friends had a really bad accident. This happened on my third of my four night stay at Kalipay. After the accident my friends were taken to the local hospital where because of the magnitude of their injuries we were told to travel to an island two hours boat drive away and one hour ambulance additional drive. I wasn’t going to leave my friends as I was the only one able to walk and communicate. It was me who got the ambulances, boat trip and hospitals. I called their families in Europe so that they could fly to the Philippines.

The previous night I was supposed to check out at Kalipay, I asked a nurse who was fully bilingual to call the hotel (in front of me) so that she could help me explain to Kalipay the situation and ask them if they would either allow me to check out at 3:00 pm or ask them to close my suitcase and store it for a few hours for me. (The only boat back to Siargao that I could take was at 11:30 am so there was no way I could arrive before check out time.) The response from the hotel was that they couldn’t allow me to check out late because they were sold out (not according to Booking.com, in case you need the screenshot, let me know). They also wouldn't pack my things to empty the room, and that I better be there before check out time because that wasn’t her problem. So basically I was helping two people with life threatening injuries and the hotel wasn’t able to help me with a simple request. I took the phone and asked to speak to the owner who finally understood the situation and agreed to have my things packed and stored until I could get there (two hours). I was so upset about the attitude of the woman working at the hotel, the complete lack of empathy; her inhuman behavior was beyond my imagination. I wonder if I hadn’t called maybe they would need to go to the police and file a report so that they could empty the room with no liability for them? Was that option smarter than helping me? I have to say I had never experienced anything that low from a person.

Bottom line, nice property with horrible and inhuman customer service. Never again.

PS, I paid cash because it's either that or incur a 5% fee on credit card transactions. They are really having a good time evading credit cards tracking for tax proposes. Be prepared!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank lmoraleslopez

Hi
I am glad you liked Kalipay Resort, but i am really sorry you feel let down by our service. I don't agree with your version of what happened and it is a pity that you aren't happy. I am also sorry that your friends had accidents on the island.
Best regards
Marj

Reviewed October 12, 2019

Clean rooms with much space and private balcony,
Great location, and AMAZING team that helps with anything!
Inside the facility they have private pool (clean and nice) and amazing garden.
And the most important- they are the only ones on the island with separated water system, so their waters are clean and pretty safe (rare in the Philippines...)
We had a great time and didn’t want to leave.
Warmly recommended :))

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Tayla
Thanks so much for your AMAZING review. We loved having you to stay and hope that once the current issues in the world are over, you can come back and relax at Kalipay Resort.
Thank you from the whole Kalipay Family

Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

We had a really good time in this Resort, the team is amazing, they give us a lot of advices!! The room is perfect, very clean. Its the Best wifi of the island and the swimming pool is perfect too.
Higly recommend!!!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so very much for your lovely review. Hearing that you loved your stay makes our day.
We will hopefully see you here again.
All the best from Marj and everyone at Kalipay Resort, Siargao

Reviewed July 16, 2019

The apartment unit we used for three nights was roomy, well-equipped and very clean including the bathroom which lived up to our expectations. The people operating the place were very friendly and hospitable. Great place to stay, well maintained. Good location, too. No regrets choosing this place.

Room tip: Groundfloor rooms are okay.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi Romeo
Very many thanks for your lovely review and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back sometime as we would love to host you again and ensure that you have a great time again.
Thanks