All reviews plunge pool few days fishing village mandarin villa beach front hour drive from ho chi minh city perfect place mui ne the general manager low season f b dragon fruit high quality local fishermen overlooking the beach his team
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

There is no way to sugarcoat this- the beach in front of the resort is a garbage dump. This is not the hotel’s fault as this comes in from the sea and rivers. In fact this is happening all over Vietnam.

The spa and rooms are ok. Interesting I did not see any foreigners who probably have stopped coming due to the filthy beach.

After 10 years of being a customer I have to stop coming here. Pity as the staff are so amazing.

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank watchoutGMs
princessdannamre2017, General Manager at Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
As a long term guest over many years, you will know that during the Low or Rainy Season we are, like our competitors, largely dependent on the local domestic market, particularly during the month of September, so not many foreign guests around and nothing to do with our beach condition, which we endeavor to keep clean in front of the resort, on a daily basis.

I'm sorry to hear that you will now stop visiting us, as you are right, our biggest asset is indeed our amazing staff, who are loyal, hard working and very friendly.

Regards

Reviewed 14 August 2018

This hotel is beautifully located, slightly isolated amongst the fields of dragon fruits. We booked 2 nights there as we were in need for a quiet and relaxing weekend ; we were also excited to stay in one of the SLH hotels for the first time. All in all, we had a good time, especially thanks to Ms. Thao (restaurant) and Mr. Phuong (reception).

In my opinion, breakfast is not up to 5* standards and the rooms/common areas, though very clean, are in need for renovations/updating (and maybe mosquito nets to that at night guests can enjoy the sea breeze hassle-free).

The team surely has a challenging job, catering to the needs of very different customers: couples who, like us, seemed to enjoy a relaxing weekend getaway and larger groups of guests that were in a more festive mood. I was indeed annoyed with guests being loud at night or sitting in the restaurant with a cooler and boxes of booze that did not seem to be bought from the hotel bar but I felt the staff took my feedback seriously and did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable.
It seemed difficult to get a hold of the general manager: we asked to see him on both days because we wanted to praise his team for the good service but it wasn’t possible, which is unfortunate.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
princessdannamre2017, General Manager at Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear AA V
Thank you for your review and your kind appreciation of our staff, which will most certainly be passed on.

The weekend of your stay certainly did provide some operational challenges for us, with two large groups booked locally, who were somewhat unruly and noisy late into the night, requiring my personal intervention, which sadly kept me from meeting up with you to say hello.

In the meantime I do hope that you will consider a return visit, when it would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated beginning of April our wedding at this Resort and I was truly incredible. Afterwards we stayed for a few days with our friends and our families and everything was perfect. The service and friendliness of the staff is top notch, the spa very beautiful with really good massages, and most of all the gardens and little jungles in between the villas are breathtaking. Plus as a vegetarian I was super nice to have a lot of choice at the Resorts restaurant. So I would highly recommend this Resort! Thank you again Princess d’An Nam for making our stay so beautiful.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Bellesch
princessdannamre2017, General Manager at Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Bellesch

Thank you very much for your glowing review, it is much appreciated by all the management and staff, that I will be sure to pass on to all of them, by way of encouragement and motivation.

The addition of a full vegetarian menu has only been introduced earlier this year and has already proved to be very popular - were very happy you enjoyed these special additions to our A La Cart Menus.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Charming place, a real helpful and smiling team, awesome fresh f&b choices

High quality wifi (the best i've found in vietnam yet)

In a quiet location, the rooms are really spacious. Great ammenities.

I absolutely recommend it

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
princessdannamre2017, General Manager at Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear j Z
Thank you very much for your kind and generous review, it is very much appreciated and of great encouragement to our team, which I will most certainly pass onto them.
In the meantime I do hope we can welcome you back, in the not too distant future.
Regards

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We stayed in the top-level Empress Villa accommodation for seven days, billed as a five-star resort and very expensive.

In order to present a balanced review, the following represented the positives for the resort:

• Stunning peaceful location, gardens and delightful helpful staff.
• The chef Mr Vien was excellent, and food was of very high quality.
• Wi-Fi quality was good although it did need an extra router for a few days.

We met the General Manager about day two into our stay and he enquired if all was well and we said it was thus far although noting the limited English language skills of some restaurant staff. Nothing major but some mistakes on food ordered.

The negatives for us were as follows:

• Our villa was quiet and well looked after but the other two Empress Villas appeared out of use as did several other villas including Princess Villas (some not just out of use but derelict). This gave the feel of a complex badly in need of investment and repair.

• Many of the free activities were beach-based but due to tidal erosion the beach was out of use and under repair. The sand flies/fleas were identified as a serious issue, out of the hotels control clearly, but really ruling out beach use. We were also made aware about seasonal jellyfish as another deterrent in making use of the beach.

• If in any doubt about how serious the sand flea bites are, look it up or apply 50% DEET mosquito repellent. An honest account by the hotel and advertisers of the resort on the beach issues would be better than a list of free beach-based activities in our view.

• The major issue we had is why we titled the review ‘needs to decide on its market segment’. Friday through Sunday the dynamic of the resort changed to cater for an influx of parties, families and groups. Gone were the à la carte breakfasts, in comes the buffet and the feel of idyllic and serene changes to noisy and at times crowded. Previous management replies to similar reviews suggest that there is always a quiet corner, but we had to leave our dinner table by the pool one night, after ordering, because a very noisy family group were shouting in the adjacent pool after dark (at a time when according to the hotel guide the pool should have been closed).

• The final event that influenced our overall view of the hotel took place as we were leaving. We had paid £3000 for a week here and as we were ready to go, a staff member barged in to the villa and ‘searched’ all the areas to (we assume) ensure we had not taken the bathrobes or slippers with us. We do not take items from hotel rooms and found the search offensive. We were horrified and upset when she insisted we locate a laundry bag before we left. Shame on the management to treat guests this way. The event left a terrible impression on us and we hastened to leave only to be asked, after all our bills had been settled, to pay for one beer they had forgotten to account for (this relating to lunch time the previous day and hence every opportunity for them to note this additional charge by the time we had settled the bill). We duly paid – this we have noted was also the experience of another guest.

Overall, it could be a wonderful resort if investment restores all the buildings and planning ensures all guests can enjoy what they had anticipated. In our view mixing two different groups of guests was not ideal. Either it aims for an idyllic, away from it all villa experience or it caters for large parties, groups and families well.

Room tip: Avoid stays at the weekend (Friday through to Sundays) as hotel takes in groups etc
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cfab777
princessdannamre2017, General Manager at Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Mr/Mrs Bryce
Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review and most importantly for your patronage in choosing to stay in our hotel and I will certainly pass on your encouragement to Chef Vien and his Kitchen Brigade.

The beach has been a problem over the last 6 weeks, with Unusually High Tides caused by Strong Winds, that has caused us to loose our beach elevation, which has dropped by approximately 3 meters, 20 Palm Tress, which required relocation and 4 Concrete and Wicker Beach Umbrellas, making access for our guests inconvenient.

We have advised all our Travel Agents,Tour Operators, Third Party Websites, (such as your own booking source Mr & Mrs Smith) and Online Tour Operators, as to the condition of our beach and we are in the process of editing the information on our website and Facebook.

Maintenance of a resort such as ours is a challenge, due to its coastal location and design, but we do endeavor to keep both occupied and in particular unused villas, maintained on a regular basis.

The observation that you have made in regard to our market segment is a fair comment and I agree from a marketing, image perception and managerial point of view, it is very hard to maintain our Brand, when we, like our local competitors, are largely dependent on the domestic market, for weekend and off season business.

Thank you for bringing the last issues to my attention and I do apologize for the tactless manner in which your departure was handled - we are in the process of investigating these procedures and corrective action will be taken.

I do hope that your overall experience whilst staying with us was indeed a pleasant one, for the majority of your stay and that you arrived home safely.