Review Highlights
Gourmet Kitchen = AMAZING

Reviewed August 4, 2021
tinabJ9008WM
GF cooking class - fun, informative & delicious!

Reviewed March 15, 2020
Jsizzle204
Wollongong, Australia

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2021

Gourmet Kitchen is impeccable service, exquisite food, a perfect place for a lovely and memorable celebration or a night out with friends. EVERYTHING IS AMAZING. Thank you

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed March 15, 2020

After being diagnosed with Coeliac disease, baking is something I have really struggled with (and used to love!) finding all my recipes ended up with an odd 'gluggy' texture, or so dense they could be considered a weapon!
This GF class was so enlightening teaching both sweet and savory recipes which are easily replicated at home. My partner (who is not GF) and I had a lot of fun and had plenty of freshly baked treats to take home!
Laura was a wonderful and knowledgeable instructor who taught at a great pace considering there is so much to fit in!
Would definitely recommend to anyone interested in GF cooking - Coeliac or not!

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed December 13, 2019

Had the pleasure of dining at GK twice now ,first was with friends we enjoyed some very tasty, fresh tapas dishes followed by some larger shared dishes (fav: slow cooked Lamb shoulder) great service and casual friendly atmosphere.
Second time we dined in the private dining room as part of a function which included 5 courses
Of the most amazing food, the space the food the vibes Moonee ponds is being spoilt.Highly Recommend.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019

This restaurant was recommended by a friend who loves good food and knows good service- it certainly didn’t disappoint. The place is relatively new and was not busy (we did late lunch ) I am sure this will change once word gets out . Just across the road from Moonee Ponds train station so easy access . We chose the chefs selection- It was fantastic- food was very fresh, beautifully prepared and presented by the French the chef, Gabriel . He explained the origin and preparation of ingredients with passion and (just enough) detail to make it taste even better !! We had a fresh fish course , a octopus salad , amazing master stock pork and the deserts... wow 3 each !!
The food is definitely worthy of a trendy and pricey CBD address but in the suburbs - we will definitely make the train trip again soon and wish Gabriel & Laura all the very best with this new restaurant and cooking school

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed March 24, 2019

Having been given a pasta making course as a present and not being a very capable cook, I approached this lesson with some intrepidation. I need not have worried. Laura was a very tolerant, knowledgeable and understanding teacher who showed great patience with those of us who were not experienced. The whole course was a lot of beneficial fun and I would certainly recommend it to anyone. Don’t be concerned if you are not an experienced cook. I’m a novice senior male and did not feel out of place participating in this course. Thanks Laura.

Date of experience: March 2019