“Nice enough”

Billy Goat Hill Brasserie
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Mount Evelyn
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Service was casual and polite, but I didn't feel a real atmosphere about this restaurant. Nice deck outside but was much too cold to consider it. Food was nice enough! Would go again if invited.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

a lovely Melbourne day so decided a drive towards the Dandenongs would be good decided to lunch in Mount Evelyn a good decision as Billy Goat Brasserie was the choice, started with a tasting plate which had a good selection and then chose a blackboard special risotto yum - service spot on and also a good selection of wine

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Been a few times, had the best bean salad ever off the specials board, have a wine with lunch or a very good coffee, staff are very helpful and friendly, worth a visit my kids love the banana and fruit bread.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Billy Goat Hill was the original name for Mt Evelyn and the food at the Brasserie was fresh and well prepared and just the right proportions. Had a table for four and spent probably a little more than I liked but I did not feel I was getting ripped off, such was the quality of the meals and coffee.

My only irritation with the place was the noise level being a bit on the high side. I suspect it might be due to the windows and concrete floor. There were quite a few people in and we were a little bit on the squashed side. If you wanted to have a quiet conversation you might struggle to be heard. Food service was fine apart for having to wait 20 minutes for a glass of alcohol. Everything else about the service was fine.

All in all though, when I weigh up the little irritations with what we enjoyed on the table in front of us, it still was a pretty good moment in the day. If the noise level was less, the service improved and a bit more room to move then it would have got five stars from me. I'll be back to try them out again.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Had breakfast here last Saturday - staff not at all welcoming & when we sat down were told to move around the table for people to get through which was an impossibility anyway & shouted out to sit at a small table which was extremely rude. Waitress quite surly - chef was the only person with a personality. - expensive for average food - would no recommend or return