“Tasty curries & friendly service”

Mirchi Tadka Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Moorabbin
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Despite living nearby for years, we had never eaten at this restaurant. So glad we finally did. There was a great range of vegetarian options and our curries were made exactly to our individual tastes (my wife doesn't like hot food, whereas I like a bit of kick). One of the best Indian meals I've had in Melbourne.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 31 March 2017

The facade of the restaurant is simple and complete with neon 'Open' sign that flashes out the front, I can't decide if its tacky or the norm for suburban Indian restaurants! On entering the restaurant I wasn't too sure what to expect, the decor simple, charming and comfortable looking chairs, I also appreciated the White linen tablecloth on the tables. Our waitress was gorgeous and once again I failed to ask her name (I seriously need to work on asking names) our waitress was accomodating and respectful without being intrusive.

We started off with complimentary Pappadum's which were light and crispy accompanied with condiments. Entree: Platter of Chicken Tikka, Seekh Kebabs, Vegetable Samosas with mint Chutney. It has been awhile since I've had Samosas that were homemade, perfect pastry and vegetable consistency very tasty, the Chicken and Kebab were also perfectly prepared. Mains: Basmati Rice, Naan Bread, Lamb Rogan Josh and Mixed Vegetable Curry all of the mains left us full but wanting more so we decided to order dessert and we were glad that we did as the Gulab Jamun (Rosewater Syrup) and Mango Pistachio Kulfi were a perfect ending to our dining experience, not overly sweet.

Now for my gripe, where would I be if I didn't have one! The wine list extremely limited and average in quality the only bottle we found acceptable was a Natures Step SA wine Pinot Grigio. My suggestion would be to bring your own as the restaurant carries a BYO licence.

And on a final note the bathrooms were immaculate, I'll say it again it has been awhile since I've dined at an establishment where the bathroom was clean and respected.

We will be back and we will be telling everyone about this gorgeous Indian Gem in Moorabbin.

Love Giulia

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank AvantGardeFoodie
Reviewed 30 March 2017

A terrific local Indian restaurant, with well cooked food, friendly staff and simple decor. We just went as a quick date-night dinner and both agreed that we were coming back with the teenage kids. Food was delicious and in good sized serves.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 12 February 2017

We went for an early meal on a Saturday night. Our first time at this restaurant. The restaurant itself is nicely decorated and very modern. The menu is extensive and very well priced. We ordered the vege pakoras for entree - a very generous serving for three people. We then had the butter chicken - delicious, and the goat meat curry - very nicely spiced. Traditional naan and kashmiri naan - both delicious. We will definitely be going back again. Great value and they also have some excellent takeaway deals.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

We went there today for dinner,first of all staff is very friendly and welcome us with a big smile, I ordered lamb chops, non veg platter ,aloo tikki everything was nice.then ordered lamb korma ,butter chicken and prawns masala tikka with saffron rice and garlic naan , naan was amazing and curries was delicious,I would like to thanks chef and his team for good work,definitely will come back to try awesome food...cheers

Date of visit: February 2017