“Great coffee and Cake”

Parisian Patisserie
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Essendon
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

This is one of Essendon North’s hidden gems.

Whilst parking can be difficult at times, your effort will be well rewarded.

Great coffee and cake and excellent service.

Quite busy just after school hours, so best to visit mid morning or afternoon.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 31 July 2018

This place is always very busy but it's really great for getting some lovely French patisseries to take away.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018

On a Saturday morning there is a queue at the counter, mostly for take aways as the tables are full. I placed my order and managed to score a table. My coffee came soon, but my Croque was delayed. They then realised that they had forgotten the order, but in their hurry to get it to me, it was still cool in the middle and not toasted all the way through. It was good quality, but would have been better hot. My coffee was well made, but too bitter for my taste. The prices were good.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Just how big is the perfect croissant? Here they are huge and therefore pricey. They look over cooked but in fact are light and buttery. For me, a croissant 2/3 the size of these would be an ideal size and they would not look overdone.

Service was prompt but sometimes customers want to browse and not be rushed. Tables and chairs if you want to eat in.

I arrived at 8am and the display was already missing a few tarts (unless they don't make too many on a Saturday). They do take orders so that may be an option for getting what you want.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 19 May 2018

A friend recommended this place so we dropped in for Coffee. The Coffee was so good (I am extremely fussy with my coffee and the the Barista Erika is awesome) we got another and had a Donut (Jam Filled) and a Lemon Meringue Cake. They were awesome and staff were fantastic. Very busy place but plenty of room up stairs (found that out too late). As we left we purchased a round crusty loaf of bread and we had that when we got home later with dinner. We are heading back to do lunch as there is so much to offer and it all looks delicious. And finally, extremely good value for money.

Date of visit: May 2018