“Good mix of Asian foods ”
Review of Malaysian Kitchen

Malaysian Kitchen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Malaysian by name but multicultural by menu.
I liked the food here, a good choice of classic dishes from around Asia with a few interesting dishes they have developed themselves.
The calamari coated in curry sauce, then fried was very nice, I’ve never had that before.
Servings were all generous and the staff were attentive
Definitely recommend if I’m the area.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Been here many times over the years and the fish head noodles have always been and are still my usual order in this joint.
The place can get packed out - especially on Sundays by the church crowd so get here before the church service ends! If possible; get a table downstairs for more attentive service, Otherwise please be patient with the staff if you're upstairs. The staff are switched on, efficient and multilingual - I wish I have their talent and energy.
The food is ok for the price. But I never really liked the way they make the lemon tea and hot milk tea. -Just doesn't taste old school enough.
But like most people who come here, nothing is more important than the fish head noodles that either come in a Tom Yum or regular soup base. They are big portions - enough for 2 skinny people or one very hungry beast.
If you can't find parking at the front, park at Dan Murphy's - plenty of spaces there.
Some may argue that the fish head is not as good as before (pre 2016) and I will agree... but you can disagree that they still make a mean fish head noodles.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Malaysian Kitchen serves food with exquisite Malaysian taste... certified by both of us. We had our dinner around 7 pm there. The restaurant was crowded, but we managed to get a table for 7 person, through early booking.

We tried several dishes, including lady's finger, fried squid, and beef served on hot plate. The portion was not big, but the taste was nice and really exquisite. The staff there were polite. Although the service quality was not excellent, well, we were there because of the food. If you wish to get some Malaysian food in Melbourne and you don't mind to drive far away from Melbourne city, you should go to Malaysian Kitchen.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Used to love this place and I was disappointed to see how far it's gone downhill. Meals had a good flavor but a very poor quality meat, especially considering the price you pay. 2 meals came out then 10 minutes later fried rice came out. One of the meals they completely forgot about. And the last one came out 15 minutes after everyone else had finished.
Sad to say I would not go back.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Located on Doncaster Road with plenty of parking nearby. Although not authentic as it lacks the heat of the chilli spice you would get in Asia, the Food is great and the menu is varied. Staff are attentive and service is very good.