“A Surprise!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Lantzville
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The historical Lantzville Pub is located just minutes from Woodgrove mall in Nanaimo. With stunning ocean views and homestyle meals at reasonable prices, it's worth the drive out! Come visit us!
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We have really like the Lantzville Pub and have been a regular patron for the past three years. That was why we were surprised by the poor quality of the seafood crepe we were served the other day. We had gotten it before and it had been good. New cook? Very few shrimp and incipient sauce. Not worth the $18 price. Nevertheless, the servers are friendly and a nice place to go.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

stopped in for a quick beer ,staff were very friendly I ended up having some appys ,the wings were very good and the beer was fresh .on top of that the view of the ocean is my favorite

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

The Lantzville Pub was always one of my favourite spots to go when I lived in Nanaimo in the early seventies, and a return visit did not disappoint. The ocean view is still as great as ever in this popular local which manages to keep both young and old coming back.

Pretty much the usual subjects for beer... too bad there aren’t at least one or two local craft beers on tap. That said, the Lighthouse Race Rocks amber ale went down quite nicely with the tasty pulled pork sandwich, and also my partners hot beef sandwich special.

Nothing fancy, just decent hot pub food, cold bevies, friendly attentive service, and very reasonable prices. Two beers and two sandwiches with fries came to about $40. The Lantzville hasn’t lost its charm after all these years... we’ll be back.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Always enjoy the food and service here.
Love the beef dip. Good value. Lovely ocean view on a sunny day.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 3:15 for a late lunch. The Pub was full and very few staff serving. Our beverage order was taken immediately however it took 15minutes to get a cup of tea and a black coffee. The waitress then told us she would be back to take our order. It took her twenty minutes to return. In the meantime, we asked another server to refill our cups (tepid). We waited another ten minutes and ordered. The server did apologize. We waited another 20 minutes for an order of nachos with chicken and a small side green salad. Here’s the thing. I rarely write scathing reviews but I must admit, the nachos were the saddest excuse for this common dish. The chips were over fried, the toppings scarce and tasteless, the salsa was like eating pure vinegar. I don’t ever remember seeing chopped tomatoes this colour. Admittedly, it was nOT appetizing. The salad was good though. I am never returning to this pub again. Honestly, Saturday is a busy day. Fewer people work regularly on the weekend so hire more staff! $30 for cold coffee and tepid tea with tasteless and unappetizing nachos. Forget it. Never again. With the choices of restaurants here, I will go to another Pub.