“"Just popped in for one" we said ...”

Hotel Farinet Lounge Bar
Ranked #37 of 85 Restaurants in Verbier
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Open from 12pm to 2am everyday, the Farinet Lounge Bar is the perfect venue to while away your afternoon and enjoy a cheeky apres aperitif or dance the night away. Kick back in front of an open fire and thaw out after a busy day on the mountain with a glass of Vin Chaud and traditional afternoon tea, or work your way through our extensive list of cocktails, wines and champagnes. With live DJs on the decks every night from 9pm to 2am, grab your friends and make a night of it in one of the private booths, hire the VIP area for a special occasion or just hang out at the bar with a cocktail crafted by one of your bartenders. Whether it's a spot of lunch, pre or post Apres bite, evening meal with friends or late night snack, guests can enjoy the chic and cosy lounge for delicious tapas style cuisine with a wide selection of small plates and sharing platters served from 12pm until 10pm everyday.
Reviewed 1 January 2018

We kept walking past Farinet to and from the lifts etc, decided to pop in for 1 - 2 hours later still there, dancing and having a great time! Great band playing, friendly, relaxed atmosphere, bravo!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Can’t beat a few drinks followed by a dance in the Farinet! Love the comfy seating on the big leather couches and the table service is great

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I just discovered the Farinet, it was brilliant. The bedrooms are amazing, spacious, very beautifully decorated with all the little touches you would expect from a top hotel. The breakfast was amazing, all very fresh with hot croissants, freshly pressed orange juice...The hotel is in the centre of Verbier which is a perfect location to enjoy everything Verbier has to offer. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

My hotel recommended the bar for food and drinks. My French isn't that great, so I made sure that the bartender, Mattu, understood what I ordered in English and in French (I know the low numbers)... 2 orders of beef sliders and fries to share with my friend. He said he understood. Tu comprends? Oui! Finally, the waitress walked over with 2 orders of the sliders and only put down one order in front of us with the fries and then walked the other order to another group of people.

I asked where my second order was and Mattu told me that I only ordered 1 order. He showed me the receipt and said there was only one order on the ticket. I said NO we ordered 2! Then I asked him to just make another order of the sliders. He came back a few minutes later and told me they were out of the sliders. With that, I told him that he should have given me the other order to COMPLETE my order.

Then Mattu then told me that I HAD an ATTITUDE. Me??? I just wanted the food I originally ordered. I know that the French people don't tip their servers for a job well done, because if the guy was working for tips he would have been nicer and not GIVEN me an attitude as if I was wrong.

I have traveled all over the world and NEVER received service like this.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Had a great afternoon in the Farinet Apres, as we were shepherded into the Lounge bar to finish our drinks, decided to have a last one before heading for dinner, bought the barman one also, ask the bill, 3 shots of Makers Mark, 72 chf. Question the price, I know exactly where Makers Mark fits into in the scheme, am informed that we ordered double shots. How exactly one manages to fit 2 shots into 1 shot glass is slightly above my scientific capabilities. When the bar manager, Aaron is called, becomes very aggressive, claims prices are visible in menu (can't argue with that) but can't offer any explanation as to how 2 shots fitted in the one shot glass. Claims to "just be doing his job" and he doesn't set the prices. Dear Mr owner of Farinet, or whoever sets the pricing policy, I had a great night in your establishment, but I will not be returning, nor will I bring any friends or clients and rest assured, I will inform everyone who asks of your policies. Your manager's capabilities are highly questionable, and the bouncers had a look of eye rolling, here we go again at the situation.
You have a problem here where you are attempting to take advantage of revelling tourists, and this is the sort of behaviour that stops visitors returning. And residents as well.