“Best Italian Restaurant in Burgdorf”

Restaurant Piazzetta
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Burgdorf
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Famous for its Pizza made in the wooden oven - can’t go wrong with any. Also the Risotto is worth mentioning. Good selection of wine, plus the famous Burgdorf beer.
In summer it is great to sit in the garden for dinner

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

If you want Italian and I mean real Italian this is the spot. The ingredients are so fresh they taste like they have a garden in the kitchen. The chefs cook everything to perfection and to order. This is not sitting in a pot all day waiting for someone to order. This is my favorite type of food and I am picking this restaurant as one of my favorite in the world.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

the restaurant is centrally located and very popular. the pizza is good, and big (you can take the leftover with you), the staff is friendly and you willbe suprised but the restaurant has 200 different types of grappa that you can enjoy after your meal or you can just stop by for it;)

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Having stayed in Burgdorf on a recent business trip, I found myself searching Tripadvisor for a decent restaurant close to my hotel.

Having read the reviews on Tripdvisor and seeing that this restaurant was ranked as #4 out of more than 30 establishments, the choice fell onto Restaurant Piazzetta.

Upon entering the establishment, it became apparent, that it was divided into a Pizzaria-style seating area and a more posh, but still rustic looking, dining area.

My guests and I choose the latter and where promptly served by a friendly waiter.
The service was prompt, which could have been down to the fact that the restaurant was nearly empty, courteous and efficient.

Having chosen a starter and a main course each off the pretty extensive a la cart menu, we turned to our aperitifs and waited for our first course.

This arrived after a relatively short wait and was, at first look, pleasantly arranged on the plate. My primi piatti consisted of spaghetti alla carbonara, which unfortunately was not prepared the Italian way, as it contained cream. In addition, the pasta was slightly over cooked, something easily forgiven, where it not for the fact that this restaurant seems to be proud of its Italian heritage. Having said that, the food was nice and hot and tasted quite good.

During the service, the bread basked was liberally replenished without having to ask.
Having selected a wine from the open bottle house selection, I can say that I was pleasantly surprised of the quality and taste.

The secondi piatti arrived, which in my case was the grilled tuna steak with trimmings. Again, the food was presented nicely on the plate, but, sadly also again, I found the cook was a little too generous with the cooking time, as the tuna steak was well and truly overcooked, something I consider to be a mortal sin.

All in all, I must question the ranking of this restaurant, as, in my opinion, the food definitively did not reflect this.

Yes, the ambiance is rustic and fitting for an Italian, restaurant, but does not lend itself immediately for a romantic setting, which, as I was there on business, did not matter to me at all and the fact that this restaurant even offers a free chauffeur service to bring their guest home within a range of 60 miles is a nice touch not often found.

However, despite obviously fresh quality produce is used, I found the food to be a serious let down, solely because the cook does not seem to be in control of the cooking times.

It’s such a shame!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

It looks like quality has gone down during the years. Pizzas were very basic variations of each other, without much topping. The pastas were not cooked al dente and the sauces were also very basic. Other dishes were good, probably because the schnitzel and risotto are less common dishes and thus had to be made taking more time.