“Good service and affordable, hearty food - good place for Celiac sufferers”
Review of Restaurant Corazon

Restaurant Corazon
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Sankt Goar
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 22 March 2018

The woman who works here (and possibly owns the restaurant?) is so, so, so nice. She had no problem whatsoever running back to the kitchen three times to ask the chef questions about sauces, fryers, oil, etc. I HATE having to ask so many questions about gluten and cross-contamination, especially in a country not my own, but it was easy here and she didn't even make me feel badly about it. She said "oh, you poor lady, it must be very hard." I almost melted on the spot. A lot of restaurateurs get really annoyed, I guess because all the questions make it sound like I don't trust them or I don't think they know what they're doing, but this woman was nothing but empathetic and I love her and I wish we could be best friends forever. She even let me practice my German when ordering even though it wasn't very good!

They have gluten-free pasta and they make all their sauces in the restaurant as well as their salad dressings, so the chef can make anything without gluten. They do put flour on their pommes to keep the from sticking together, but they will make them without. She said in the summer they have two fryers, so perhaps one is dedicated to gluten-free fare, I wasn't quite clear on that. Because we were there in the late winter/early spring, they only had one fryer, and the chef had made chicken nuggets before we came in, so I couldn't have any pommes. But I had a beef steak with mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil, a yummy salad, and some gluten free pasta to round out the plate. My husband had a schnitzel with mushroom cream sauce and spaetzle, and he liked it a lot.

This was a nice place, and the water is on tap, I believe, so it didn't cost 6,000 euros. Not the fanciest or maybe even the best food in Sankt Goar, but I would certainly eat here again.

1  Thank MightyMouse0129

Reviewed 23 September 2017

This charming little place has great food and the best Weiss beer (Kirner). If you are a schnitzel and weiss beer fan, you must eat here. The pizza was really good too.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Tasty, tender steak, quick service, generous portions. What more can I say to make this up 100 characters?

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Personally, I don't think any place does pizza as well as most pizzeria in the U.S., and I was not a bid fan of German pizzas when I lived there, but these were fairly good. I also had two beers here, a Kirner Pils, which was pretty standard for the style, and a Köstritzer Schwarzbier, which was one of the better of this style that I had in Germany.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Very great food, we got prompt service had very good drinks. Then our food was delivered and it was all very fantastic.

1  Thank rachrene13