“My favorite hotel in this area ”

Gasthof zur Post - Herrsching am Ammersee
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Having travelled here several times on business, I have stayed at different hotels each time, but this place is definitely my favorite, the hospitality is far above average level and the attention to details really makes their guests feel welcome. All my colleagues and I enjoyed our stay very much, both the room, breakfast and dinners were excellent, and the staff exceptionally friendly. Will definitely return!

Elisabeth W, Inhaber at Gasthof zur Post - Herrsching am Ammersee, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Andie_laShanghai,

thanks for your words :-)

We looking forward to see you again.

Best wishes

Reviewed 20 April 2017

We’ve made a one day trip to Herrsching at Ammersee and had lunch in the restaurant of Gasthof zur Post. It was a good decision to reserve a table in advance as the place was full with locals since it was Easter Friday. Normally fish is on the menu on this special day in Germany, so we ordered grilled Seibling fish with potato salad and I must say it was quite tasty. The Augustine Helles beer had a strange taste though, it was watered down in my opinion and I found it strange as well that they did not have any Brezel & bread to offer due to closed bakeries on public holidays! We also ordered ice cream and coffee as a finish and paid a total of 120 Euro for four persons, a bit pricey I can say. However, the staff was kind and service was fast as well and the restaurant interior is very pleasant, typical Ba

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel Post a couple of times in March and had dinner each time at their gasthof. A very friendly atmosphere and good service. The wienerschnitzel is top class - try it!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We stopped by this place on the way back from Lech. Wonderful setting, super friendly staff, and the food, amazing. We had an asparagus and schnitzel and it was amazing, I guess this was the best schnitzel we have ever had. The setting of the restaurant is in a very lively and picturesque town of Herrshing, the lake is so calming and it is great to walk around and bas in the sun. The area of lakes around Munich will see us again.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped here for supper. We had been the previous evening for drinks and there was a good atmosphere. This is a busy place but despite that service was good. English menus are available. I had the smoked salmon salad which came with a baked potato with cheese and chives. There was a good amount of salad and a big portion of smoked salmon. My husband had the local specialty which is in effect macaroni cheese with onion on top. We followed this with a chocolate ice cream sundae and apple strudel respectively. The strudel came with custard and cream. Good service. Good food. Good night. Would recommend.