“A gala of live jazz, food, and laughter.”
Review of Casa Pipino

Casa Pipino
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Chigwell
Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Casa Pipino. Our family run restaurant. The rustic menus cater for all the family needs whether your looking for a simple Pizza & Pasta or fancy trying something different. Our chef's strive to satisfy everyone, Hand picking every ingredient personally. Daily special boards ranging from meat, fish, varied starters & freshly prepared desserts bring uniqueness to the warm & comfortable surroundings that make Casa Pipino special. New Feature!! We are now open for breakfast. Serving traditional hearty food to set you up for the day. Carefully selected Italian Coffee, Breakfast Bloomer sandwiches, cereal, freshly cooked house breakfast and all available to take away. 7.30Am till 11am.
Reviewed 5 June 2018

My wife, Angela, and I, booked a table on Casa Pipino's jazz night, and weren't disappointed. It was pleasantly buzzy and the decor remains unchanged: a rustic charm with warm, earthy colours and prints on the walls. Very inviting. We were greeted and shown to our table. Angela and I shared an Aperol Spritz whilst waiting for our orders, and allowed Sylvia's flawless vocals, Seb's unique phrasing on his sax, and the keyboard player's faultless playing, fill us with joy. Pretty soon we were tucking into garlic king prawns, which were cooked to perfection. I then twirled my way to Heaven with a superb Linguine Frutti di Mare; the pasta was on the right side of al dente, and the mussels and prawns had absorbed the tomato-garlic sauce exquisitely. Angela waged a happy war on her Chicken Milanese. This was washed down with our traditional Primitivo: a full-bodied Italian red with a hint of sweetness and a fruity bouquet. Too full for desserts but finished off with a lemon tea and black Americano and a Limoncello - plus complimentary ones. Grazie mille, Alfie. As always, the chat, laughter, and banter with Alfie and Kevin was brilliant. The service never faltered and was friendly and professional throughout the meal. A big thank you to the jazz trio and all at Casa Pipino's for an uplifting dining experience. Keep smiling and we'll be seeing you all soon. Ciao.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Just returned from having a mealy his evening this place is a gem friendly staff great family run place the food is exceptional from start to finish my first time my friends second won't be the last. Returning soon there is about four parking spaces at the front and plenty on the road side seating at the front small but very friendly lots of pizza take- way going out the door so very poperler my friend said her starter ribs were yummy my main dish pasta king prawns shimps and mussels was big enough for two all in all wonderful can't wait to return thank you x

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Very friendly service, great food and a for an amazing price. If I'm in the area again I'll call back to try some of the other items. Great jazz music playing on the stereo too. Couldn't ask for more! Recommend.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Went here for breakfast this morning beast breakfast by far in the area at a very reasonable price.
Evening menus and specialities are so yummy customer service is first class.
A must to try highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My wife, Angela, and I, booked a table at this marvellous eatery on their jazz night and weren't disappointed. The decor still retains an inviting, rustic charm with earthy colours and warm prints. The last Friday of the month is their renowned jazz nights, and this night was no exception. As always, we were greeted and shown to our table. Their specials are on the back of their menu now. It was pleasantly buzzing with polite laughter and chat. We were soon bathed in the innovative jazz of Sylvia's brilliant vocals, Harry's magical lightness on his guitar, and Seb's unique phrasing on his saxophone; they have an empathic musical flow that is spellbinding. Angela and I were soon devouring our respective orders. Angela commenced her happy battle with Carbonara Guanciale, and loved every mouthful; this was followed by a fantastic pizza with all the trimmings. I went for the garlic king prawns, then twirled my way through their Frutti de Mare without causing any social disasters; the mussels and prawns were prepared to perfection in a garlic-tomato sauce. This culinary blessing was baptised with a beautiful Primitivo, an Italian red that has a hint of sweetness, which complemented our meal splendidly. Alas, no room for dessert, but Angela had a Mirto and lemon tea; I went for my traditional Limoncello and black Americano - plus we had courtesy ones - grazie mille, Alfie. Throughout this euphoria of great music, friendly ambience, banter and chat with Alfie, one of three proprietors of this incredible eatery, the service never faltered. Really, this place deserves a visit any time or day of the week, you're sure of a friendly welcome and great food. They are open for breakfast and have special events too. Always ring to be sure of a table. Angela and I have to thank Alfie and his staff for a wonderful dining experience. And our compliments to Kevin, the second proprietor, who was in the 'hot room' concocting the gastronomic feasts. Have a great Easter and keep smiling. We'll be seeing you all again real soon.