“Freezing cold restaurant!!!”

Ong's Restaurant Ltd
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We came one evening before Christmas,for supper.
We heard they had awesome egg rolls.....that part was true.....everything else was disappointing!

Our biggest complaint was the restaurant being so cold....We had to put our winter coats back on and it made for a very unpleasant dining experience! Not one diner in there took their coats off,or put them right back on after feeling the chilly air.

I brought my young Granddaughter to the washroom and when she sat on the toilet seat, jumped off and wouldn't get back on.The washrooms were frigid!

The waitress said it is an old building with concrete floors and is hard to heat. There is no excuse for the owners not to have a couple of space heaters on in the dining room,for their customers comfort.

Back to the food...the egg rolls were awesome.The chow mein good.
The fried rice tasted mushy and without flavour. The chicken very boring...even soy sauce couldn't improve it. Portions large....but this still didn't save the meal.

Servers were excellent!

I might have given them a second chance...if they had heat on.
We will not return and do not recommend Ong's. Drive to Porters
Lake....great Chinese food restaurant there and they have HEAT!!!

Reviewed 7 August 2016

I've been to Ong's a number of times. One time I had a delightful chat with the owner, another time a friend complained about the food and was received coldly - feedback is not welcomed, it seems. And then I've been there where the server has been sort of ok but disengaged - not really interested in the job, I thought.

Food is ok but not exciting. Have ordered Chinese and Thai on different occasions. Can't tell the difference from the taste, although the food was quite edible (and, there's too much of it - breaks my heart to waste food - would rather have smaller portions, pay less and visit more often.) (If there were more options on this stretch of Highway 7 I suspect they'd be less busy.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Have driven by this restaurant many times but the exterior always discouraged us from going in. Today we did and were pleasantly surprised. The food was good - hot, generous portions and the prices were reasonable. Our server, perhaps the owner? was not exactly pleasant, -- quite unpleasant actually. She seemed angry at the other younger server about something. She did brighten up when it was time for us to pay the bill.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Food was just ok but only Chinese around. Server reached across one person sitting at our table over and over even spilled some of the sauce on her

Reviewed 1 July 2016

We went in. Our expectations were not high based on the look of the place. But we were hungry and you 'can't judge a book by its cover' so we ordered our food.

And it was bad.

No problem; that happens, right? I mean, the food was not great so what do you do.. you eat, you pay and you don't come back.

But the beef was so bad that we could not eat it; it tasted like it was treated with some kind of chemical. We told her. She looked at us with a blank expression like the English she could speak just find a moment ago was now foreign to her.

She said nothing. Didn't even react. Simply took the beef away and made no offer to replace it or remove it from the bill.

And so we paid. And we will never be back.

I almost never leave 1-star reviews. I care about small-business owners. But when she could not be bothered in the least... well, that tells me that I need to warn others. Stay away.

1  Thank TheWealthyHobo