Mercure Amiens Cathedrale
US$75
ibis
  • Restaurant
Ibis Budget Amiens Centre Gare(Amiens)(Great Value!)
US$62
ibis Budget
US$108
  • Breakfast included
La Cour 26(Amiens)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
1,212 results
All reviewsprivilege roomjunior suitemodern hotelcar parkthe riverexcellent locationrooms are spaciousseparate toiletst leucathedral viewexpress breakfastamiens cathedralgood sizelight showreception staffstandard roomaround the corner
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Modern building very close to the cathedral. Parking is a short distance away on a public car park (€7 for 24hrs-good value!).
Nice greeting when we arrived. (English speaking)Helpful suggestions to visit local attractions.
The hotel is a bit soulless and corporate.
Clean large room and good shower.
WiFi is problematical- it drops out irregularly. Television also looses signal for long periods ( BBC in particular)
The bar area was not particularly inviting and had lots of dirty glasses on all the tables. We decided to pop over the road to the small bar which was friendly and serves good beer and wine.
Ok for a stop over.
A good ***

Stayed: May 2018
Anne D, Directeur général at Mercure Amiens Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for you post about our Mercure Amiens cathedral hotel.
We hope that you enjoyed your stay in Amiens.
We take note, and we check Wifi and TV.
We are very sorry about the bar, you came after a big group of people but it is not an excuse

We hope to welcome you again for your next trip to Amiens

With our best regards

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel with a comfortable feel. The rooms are modern and well appointed. There is no onsite parking available so it is necessary to park in the parking station just down the road.
All the staff were very courteous and helpful. The breakfasts offered a reasonable selection but we found the evening restaurant meals were more limited than we would have liked.
Great location near the Notre Dame - Amiens Cathedral and a good base to cover some of the Aussie WW1 memorials.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for your post.
All the team will be proud that your enjoyed the Mercure Amiens Cathedral.
Our restaurant l'Echanson has a short menu, but our Chef use fresh and a lot of local products, and we change the menu often.

We hope tha you will find that you like for your next trip
Waiting to welcome you again soo,
With our best regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is centrally located and near several good restaurants. The staff spoke adequate English and was reasonably helpful. We did not have breakfast here because we prefer a smaller meal to start the day. We found a wonderful boulangerie only a half block from the hotel although it did not serve coffee. The Cafe near the cathedral (same family as Bridget Macron) was very friendly with excellent service. The television had a couple of English language channels. Room size was OK and the bed comfortable.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your trip in Amiens and your stay at the Mercure Amiens Cathedral.
We serve also express breakfast for people who eat little in the morning.

We hope to welcome you again soon.
With our best regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Firstly I don't like to write reviews about bad/average experiences. I prefer to reviews about exceptional experiences. However this hotel is the exception.

The hotel is in an excellent location in Amiens, central to all amenities.
Our check in was good and our room (junior suite) was large, clean with a balcony overlooking the Cathedral. This was a beautiful view particularly in the evening.

I did unfortunately have an incident at the hotel that I have previously discussed with the manager. It was a breech of security.
My husband went out for the morning and I was in my suite alone.
All of a sudden I heard the door open and within seconds there was a man in my dining room, which is right next to where I was - in the bedroom.
The room was an open plan junior suite so the lounge merges into the dining that merges into bedroom - there are no doors separating any of these rooms.

I was completely shaken with this man was in my room. He only spoke French and I only spoke English so you can imagine me trying to communicate for him to get out of my room.
After asking him to get out and pointing to get out, I escorted him to the front door where the cleaner appeared explaining that he was in the wrong room.

I was totally distraught. Once my husband returned we contacted the front desk to speak with management.
Long story short, I have conversed with management they are adamant that the cleaner had let the man into the incorrect suite but immediately realized, explaining to the man what had happened and security was not engaged. This DOES NOT MAKE THIS OK!

The man should NOT have been let into my room. He should have been taken to reception where they have his details of the correct room number and a key been reissued. This would have avoided such a horrible experience.
I feel it is unacceptable for any staff to be letting any guests into any room.
This was completely distressing, frightening and unacceptable in my opinion. Whist that man was only in my room for 30 seconds or so, he was not just at the door as the hotel believes - he was almost at my bedside!

A review of security procedures would be my recommendation for this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Chichman22

Dear Guest,

We already answer you about this point.
Off course, my housekeeper made a mistake between 2 rooms number , and we really apologize for that.
But she realize immediatly that she did a mistake, and run after the other client, she intercepted him just in the corridor, in front of your room.
I quite understand the you had beeen shaken at first. But the security of our hotel in not engaged, as we had an immediat reaction.
And you met afterward Alice our front office manager in charge of the service that day.

We do apologize again, and we hope you still continue to choose Mercure Hôtels during your trips

Best regards

Reviewed 14 April 2018

We came here after having to find another hotel due to poor quality. We stayed in a suite with a terrace overlooking the cathedral. The room was really spacious and had everything we needed - friendly staff provided a cot for our daughter with no problems. Check-in, check-out and room service were handled efficiently. Although no parking onsite there is a parking garage close by. All the sites of Amiens are within easy walking distance leading to a stress free break!

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family