“Great Food and Nice Terrace”

Le grain de Sel des 3 tiki
Price range: US$13 - US$37
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Nouveaux propriétaires depuis Mars 2018 L'histoire commence à Brive avec la découverte de la restauration, elle se poursuit dans différents endroits de notre globe, Suisse, Corse, St Barth, Canne, Dubaï, Liban, Val D'Isère, et surtout Tahiti, Bora Bora... Une cuisine inspirée de tous nos voyages, notamment de la Polynésie dont nous sommes tombés amoureux. D’où "Les 3Tiki", clin d’œil aux statuettes Polynésiennes, (servant entre autre à éloigner le mauvais sort) emblème d'une culture. Les 3 Tiki, ou une affaire de Famille avec christelle et Nicolas, fiancés dans la vie qui composent une cuisine a quatre mains, et Céline (Soeur de christelle) pour vous accueillir en salle.
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Had a dinner here a few weeks ago on the outside terrace. It was extremely hot at that time, but for evening, the terrace worked out okay. I had shrimp risotto which was excellent. The only bad points was they came out and stuck this "amuse bouche" on my table, and I hate it when restaurants do that. I think it's really rude to give food to someone that they haven't ordered, and it's a big waste of food. Becuase it's never any good and this was no exception. It was in fact, something sweet that was like a dessert and completely inappropriate before dinner. On top of that, I wouldn't mind so much if they EVER asked you if you wanted this amuse bouche before giving it to you, but I have never been in a restaurant where they were courteous to ask you if you wanted it, they just shove it in front of you without you asking. I hate that. Also, it was hard to get the check and pay when I was ready to leave, which was already some time after I had finished, the server just disappeared for probably over 15 minutes before I had to get someone to go find him to give it to me. But the food was good, and it's an attractive location. I'm sure it's the restaurant's fault, not the server, about forcing them to give people food they didn't order but I wish someone out there would start telling all the many restaurants in the world who do this to knock it off, or to ASK people if they want it first. The name doesn't have Tiki in it any more, the restaurant changed from that time.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Really pleasant sitting on Terrace. Service good and food exceptional. I had a Tuna burger and asked for it well cooked. It was cooked just as I liked it. The two desserts we ordered were full of flavour.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Waitresses are very efficient, the menu for lunch was traditional, but well creatively served. Fine selection of ingredients and sauce. Only the price of table wine was surprisingly costly.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Passing Le grain de sal just across from car park and pleasantly surprised. Charming hostess and staff and tasty food. Decent wine selection. Relaxing atmosphere and fellow diners (French of course) polite despite our very limited French.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

You need to book - especially in December. Friendly welcome but we were put upstairs and left for about ten minutes. There are only menus - and we only wanted a single plate - and were a touch surprised to find that we had been charged for two complete menus. C'est la vie.

The food is good and nicely served. Reasonable wine list.

1  Thank spaddockuk