“excellent, creative food, attentive service and worth every penny”
Review of La Table d'Olivier

La Table d'Olivier
Price range: US$25 - US$32
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2018

We had a birthday dinner here and had been thinking of trying this restaurant for some time but were always turned away on short notice because of being fully booked. I can see why. The food offered up interesting flavours and was perfectly presented by the chef and attentive, friendly waitress (there are only two people working here...chef and waitress-husband, wife!!!). The portions were small but we both felt fully sated at the end of the evening. An excellent wine list was also on offer we were pleasantly delighted by the recommendations for our choice of meal. I have lived in the Brive area for 20+ years and I would say this is the best restaurant I've eaten at since living here. Highly recommended and the one michelin star is fully merited.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We found this place based on the good reviews of TA. We were very, very happy that the food was a great as the reviews stated. We were a bit warriors because all the good reviews were dated, ie 2017 and 2016. However, I am glad to report that this restaurant is still great. For starter, we had 2 pieces of raw salmon with radish and pea soup and it was a party in the mouth. I then had tuna for appetiser and my wife had lobster and both are delicious. For main, I had a perfectly cooked veal with this amazing "whipped" patato on the side and my wife had a perfectly cooked sea bass and the same whipped patato on the side. For ana amazing finish, I had macaron and she had chocolate. Both desserts are amazing. Overall a great restaurant!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank PlatoX2016
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Most deserving of the 1 Michelin star which this restaurant has recently been accorded. Imaginative and interesting flavours married together perfectly. Perfect service, discreet but friendly. The main flavours stated in the menu come through well into the dish. Where truffles are mentioned, you can actually see and taste them, the same with the lobster. Attractively decorated. Diverse wine list. Pink AND white Champagne served by the glass, what more could you want.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We enjoyed another lunch here. As before the food was very good, presentation lovely and the ambience friendly
Recommend as possibly the best restaurant for miles around, but a reservation is necessary at least a week in advance

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Had the tasting menu and worth every penny. Beautifully presented and every mouthful marvellous.

You do need to book as there are only about 18 covers, and you will probably need Google Maps to find it. But worth the effort.

The restaurant is bright, and tables very spread out. There is even a children’s menu.

Currently open Wednesday through Sunday and practice your French as no English is spoken (no bad thing!).

Date of visit: October 2017