“Wonderful dinner!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 December 2016

We were visiting the town of Montargis and decided to have dinner here for two. We both had the menu gourmand with the lobster salad and the foie gras as starters and the lamb and the faux filet for the main course. There is also a large selection of cheeses and quite an impressive selection of desserts! The food is extremely well prepared and presented and the ambiance is quite relaxing. The service is also good, yet at times we had the impression that they were trying a little too hard. The prices are also very reasonable.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

The outside of the hotel is nice enough but when you sit and eat the food provided you realise this is a special restaurant. The food is outstanding as is the service. The highlights of an excellent evening were the huge selection of cheeses and desserts. I would happily recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a first class meal and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

I visited with a group of friends, staying in the hotel and dining at the restaurant. From our arrival, Mme Veronique Martin was very friendly and extremely helpful. At dinner, in light of our utilitarian (at best) french language skills and the size of the group, she brought in her daughter to assist and translate. The food was excellent, the service friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere convivial. I believe it was the best meal I've had in France.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

This hotel still keeps its belle époque style in its dining room,lovely flowers and china. The bedrooms are simple but roomy with good bathrooms. However the reason for staying is their superb food.The chef is a Maitre Cuisinier de France and one cannot praise his work highly enough. We were there on a Saturday night with a full restaurant, we had the two last places! Only at La Gavroche in London have I had such a meal. How on earth they keep their prices so reasonable I cannot imagine. How I wish I lived close by!

Reviewed 7 October 2014

I visited this Michelin 1-star on a bicycle tour a few weeks ago, with high expectations. They were clearly exceeded. The food and presentation were spectacular, service friendly, respectful, and attentive, and all at a price of 120 Euros per couple, with wine!

Merveilleux, fantastatique, incroyable!