“Excellent food and service ”

Taverne de Maitre Kanter
Ranked #16 of 73 Restaurants in Montargis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

We have dined at Taverne de Maitre Kanter in other locations and we were impressed with the Montargis version. Service was excellent and the food is always great. Just steps from our hotel and near the Saturday market, it makes a convenient and great place for dinner.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

The quality of the dishes is good. Prices are a bit too high I think.4 euro for a small beer is a lot. The service is friendly and helping with the Translation of the menu.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

What a shame. This restaurant is a in a great location and the interior is modern and pleasant. We had a lovely welcome from the guy who was obviously in charge but it went very wrong from there on in. Patchy and inattentive service from a curt, unsmiling waiter. Cold, under cooked Flammekueche and a Salad covered in a dressing I asked to have separately with genuinely rotten tomatoes (I don't mean just soft - they were actually disgustingly off!). Nobody came back to check if we were OK having put our food down so we waited ages to complain and were not offered even a cup of coffee to say sorry. Nice smiling guy in charge needs to get the rest of the team to give a fig too. The rest of the salad ingredients were good quality and generous and the Flammekeueche was lovely when finally cooked and hot. How daft to ruin it by not properly recording our order, serving it cold and adding rotten tomatoes. Never again, it totally ruined a nice spontaneous gesture from my husband to buy me lunch.

Reviewed 12 September 2015

The staff is exceptional and worked as a team to provide exceptional service. Each one made it their priority , even though we weren't "their table" to meet needs we didn't even know we had. The food was great. We had been searching for moules frites for 3 weeks and there they were. Will return!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was with a family with two young boys and the restaurant had a children's menu. Father ordered two burger and chips for the boys medium done. I know the french taste is for rare meat but these burgers may just as well have been raw mince. If it had been down to me I would have sent them back.

I wanted just a simple no meat salad and ordered a Cesar Salad which the menu said came with chicken breast and bacon. After some confusion when I asked for salad without the bacon I seemed to get a plate full of chicken with a little bit of bacon.

Waitress seemed shocked and surprised that I wanted no meat and couldn't hide her disdain. Finally the chef came out and asked if I would like an egg so I said yes and for some reason I received goats cheese and egg and some lettuce certainly not what I would call a Cesar salad.

Lets be generous and put it down to my poor french.

1  Thank NineofWands