See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Very scenic location and friendly staff but the rest was a disappointment-we had a ground floor room which probably meant we pulled the short straw - on our way there we saw piles of disused equipment not so well hidden along the path. When we got to the room the bathroom was lovely but the rest felt quite tired like it needed an upgrade. We said yes to breakfast just to try it which was €15 each for juice, coffee and unlimited bread. I know we were in France and they'd called it 'continental' but I'm pretty sure it was still a ripoff. The next few mornings we stayed in and drove to get breakfast at a nearby supermarket but little did we realise the coffee pods in the room cost €1 each-not something I'd expect from a 4 star. Finally we tried the spa one day which looked lovely when we walked in..but on closer inspection there was a cleaning device left by the side of the pool with clumps of hair on it, the jacuzzi seats were worn, and the steam room and sauna were off.

Overall my main complaint would be it felt overpriced and oversold itself for what it was. In terms of location its fine-10 min drive to Palombaggia in one direction and 10 to Porto vecchio (if you didn't know already a car is imperative) in the other but it was the hotel itself that was disappointing for us.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Lovely place with a lovely staff. They told us the best beaches to go, best places to visit. They are really helpful. Hotel has a nice view, our room has a little terrace. i can strongly recommend here. Just one advise, signs for the hotel can be bigger for someone who doesnt know the area well.

Room Tip: We have a terrace but i m not sure if all has.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anilimo
ALTAROCCA, Responsable réception at Alta Rocca Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Madam,

We thank you for your compliments. We hope that you spent a good holiday on our island.

Looking forward to receiving you for a next time

Best regards

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Contrary to some reviews, I found this hotel superb. I booked online independently and as I was travelling alone asked for a non ground floor room. Everything was confirmed quickly by the hotel via email. I had only booked a standard room but when I arrived the room (which was a standard) was superb....spacious, light, with a balcony overlooking the fantastic views of the harbour and the distant mountains. It was spotlessly clean, huge king size bed, loads of room.
The receptionist and all staff were unfailingly polite and helpful. I only ate breakfasts as I ate out at night but the breakfast was excellent - lots of choice on the buffet and freshly cooked pancakes when I asked for them. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Helen S
Reviewed 19 October 2011

we were very excited as we pulled up in our cars. the place looks lovely, and the scenery is to die for. but what a shame - from the receptionist with the sour face to the stink of the sewers. to make things worse they had muddled our reservations and the rooms that were to be shared by men, only had double beds, and they refused to do anything about it other than offer us extra rooms - at our own expense. we were trapped ,as porto vecchio was packed, and it was getting late. we had reserved a table at the hotel "restaurant" - what a joke. i felt sorry for the girl serving us, (who was the nicest part of our stay (thankyou)) as we were given the choice of egg mayonnaise, or chicken nuggets! and i dont think i have ever tried to eat anything as tough as the entrecot that we were given. have to say that my room was very pretty, and the view amazing, but it is a little disconcerting when you flush the toilet and it pumps into your shower!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank tiffMontecarlo
Reviewed 11 January 2010

The pictures looks ok, and the reviews are so so. However, on arrival at this hotel I was extremely disappointed. We were in a standard room on the ground level. Although the rooms were clean, they we small, much smaller than many better cheaper hotels we have previously stayed at in this area. The decor was very average, and dated. For some unknown reason, these dreadful incongruous electric shutters covered the entrance to our room.
The pool was advertised as being open until 19h, but actually shut at 16h, so there was nowhere to get a drink or snack before dinner unless you wanted to drive down the road.
Breakfast was poor, just pastries and Orange juice.
Finally, on departure (to return home) we left some clothes in the wardrobe, and on arrival at home we immediately emailed Alta Rocca to inform them and ask for them to post the left items of clothing back. We instantly received an email back saying that they had found the items left in the wardrobe, and would send them back. Unfortunately the items never arrived, and subsequent emails from Alta Rocca claimed that the clothes were never found. When we forwarded their initial email to them, the refused to contact us.
I would not recommend this hotel, simply because there are much better cheaper hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple