See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a scam. Not even a real hotel. More like a hostel with private rooms.
1. The bed was of such terrible quality that I could feel every spring and coil. I had to request extra blankets just to lay on top of so it was less painful.
2. The wifi stopped working after the first night and despite being promoted to rectify the issue it was never fixed.
3. The included breakfast was stale bread, salami, cheese and cereal. That's it. Not a "buffet breakfast" at all.
4. The "laundry service" which was a big part of choosing this "hotel" is a scam. They quoted 8 euro at 9am when I gave them my laundry then at 5pm when I asked for my clothes they told me it wasn't ready yet. I told them I needed it tonight and I was walked down into a garage where my laundry was still completely wet and hanging up. They do not have a dryer. I had to check out at 6am the next morning so we had to bring the clothes horse into the room hoping the aircon would dry it. They then came knocking a few minutes later requesting 10 euro for the laundry fee!!

The view is lovely but not worth it. I would never return.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Telese
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Its not a 3 stars hotel
I saw the picters from hotels.com and its different that in real
The fotos show a different hotel, i'm shocked !
I think that this hotel don't deserve for 1 star
I think we were deceived because the photos show another standard of hotel
Not reccomended

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

PRO
-tasty breakfast
-the fact that you have a wonderful view when you eat (terrace with sea view)
-clean room, bathroom, hall etc
-very nice pool
-close to city center (7 min on foot)
-close to the beach (10 min on foot)

CONTRA
-no wifi(only works at the reception)
-I booked a cheaper room than the one they gave me. And with no sea view(like I asked). When I realised(5 minutes after check in), they said"let's see tomorrow blabla"and so on. And that's how it stayed.
-starting with 6/7 AM the noise won't let you sleep if you are on the ground floor. The breakfast is getting ready. Dishes, forks, spoons, cups-all are making noise.
-be VERY careful with the glass door in the shower. When I pulled it to exit the shower, it broke in my hands. All the bathroom filled with broken glass. With some serious scratchs on my body(and a little blood also) I went to tell them what happened. They said it's impossible. They offered me a"deal": to pay only half of the glass door's price (250 euro), recte 125. Then 80. I told them that thing broke all of a sudden and they kept saying that is impossible. IT HAD JUST HAPPENED TO ME AND THEY WERE VERY CONVINCED THAT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. That was absurd, rude and very disturbing.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank 558andreib
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Hotel & Spa “La Porta Del Mare” is a beautiful boutique hotel with an amazing sea views and private stairs leading to the beach. Delicious breakfasts are served on a spacious terrace over a hypnotising sea.

Their SPA facilities are a perfect alternative for a rainy moment or if you need a relaxing massage.
Walking distance to the Tropea city center plenty of tiny shops and restaurants serving local specialities.

However, these are the Owners of the place Giuseppe, Domenico, Andrea and... La Mamma :) who make us coming back. Lovely, caring and friendly people. Thanks to them we are feeling at home.

We highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Agnieszka W
Reviewed 25 July 2016

This hotel has now changed name and it has been refurbished. The hotel is now called Boutique Hotel Tropea.
We were given a great room (Numero Uno) with a small balcony overlooking the sea and towards the hsitoric town (this hotel is within the historic town boundaries but feels outside from the main nosiy streets).
The street outside the hotel is restricted after 19:30 every night which meant every night it was quite and we slept really well.
The refurb has been done to a medditerean style with everything white with some blue/green colours.
The staff were sooo friendly and we felt so welcome. What a lovelly hotel to stay in when in Tropea. We will be back!

Date of stay: July 2016