All reviewsno elevatorthird floorold townhigh ceilingsrented bikesvia romabusy streetsmall hotelreasonable sizeroad noiseminute walkincluded breakfastpark the carcentral locationa sea view roombike pathcroissants
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on a road trip with my girlfriend. An extremly kind and warm man welcomed us in the reception. We came early but were able to check in early. The hotel had a small parking lot which we used. Very convienient when you have never been in the town before.

The room was large and clean. AC worked good and were eqiupped with a safe. Quite hotel and very nice staff.

Location was great with closeness to the city, the beach and a food store.

We were recommended a dinner restaurant close by the hotel with some amazing food. Great recommendation and with english speaking personal.

Definately would recommend anyone going to Sanremo to stay here!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

A small little gem, close to the beaches and next to the vibrant centre, on a fairly busy street. Still no traffic noise bothering us, well, admittedly, our room was on the silent side of the building. The building, then. An old house, refurbished and modernised to good standards. The B&B has no restaurant, which isn’t a problem, as there are any number of those in the area, and no elevator, but what it has is the old-fashioned and ever so good service! They are more than happy to help and assist with whatever you could think of, clearly also showing that they genuinely care! The Belle Epoque is of course privately owned, which is the obvious explanation why there lingers an atmosphere of ’walking the extra mile’ anywhere, and always with smiles on their faces, too. The room was well equipped, cosy, lovely beds and a good bathroom. Downstairs, although no restaurant as such, the have a very pretty breakfast room, with a very good continental-biased breakfast - with real, fresh orange juice, btw, and lovely coffees. They also have a discount deal with one of the beaches nearby. Belle Epoque isn’t one of those big, flashy seaside hotels, but a real gem for those who want to enjoy genuine service and hospitality, and who don’t mind eating ’out’, and who are fit to walk the stairs.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Small boutique hotel, bargain. 5 nights stayed.

Positives: the price, the breakfast 8-10 is very consistent - Juliette or Madeline will be ready to make your morning capuccino or what have you... really good choice if you want to bicycle - they have 4 bikes available at 7 euros/day, and the 24km bike path, along the coast (flat!) is maybe 100m walk away. Very friendly service, you really get the sense they...*care* (seriously, I was the last to check in on the night I arrived, and they had my first name when I called, made arrangements for my late arrival, and they called me by name upon greeting me for the first time in person the next morning)
Negatives: minor, no lift but I was on the 1st (US 2nd) floor so no effect, there is a moderate amount of street noise on side facing via Roma (lotta ambulances for some reason)

If you arrive via train, from my experience, it's a 20 minute walk, or a 9 Euros taxi, from the stazione.

I went to Monaco one day, the Friday of the GP weekend, and this would be a reasonable place to attend that event daily some year. Close, but not price-gougingly close. Just don't reserve too early, so that I'll have a room when I decide to do it available :)

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank stuartneal
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We stayed here for just one night, and were not disappointed. This is a traditional, long-established hotel, dating from the turn of the last century, nicely modernised a few years ago.
The room was clean and very comfortable, the location excellent, but the staff deserve a special welcome. From check-in to helping park the car, we had the impression nothing was too much trouble, and they were always friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was also impressive, and included in the room price. All round, really good value for money - nothing swanky, but they work hard and are doing a great job.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank richardOxford
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This hotel has a real "old fashioned" feel, lovely decor and very friendly and helpful staff (who also speak English). Keep in mind that there is not an elevator, so if you have difficulty with stairs, let the staff know when you book the room. The staff take bags up and down for you. We booked a room directly on their website, and requested an ocean view room on the top (third floor) and it was fantastic. Very inexpensive price for what you get! Central location but our room was very quiet, there is a lovely included breakfast, and we rented bikes at the hotel to ride on the bike path along the beach (highly recommended). We hope to return some day!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple