Antica Olivaia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$122
Travelocity
Hotel Duomo(Orvieto)(Great Value!)
US$135
  • Breakfast included
La Badia di Orvieto(Orvieto)(Great Value!)
US$132
La Penisola Hotel(Orvieto)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$73
US$140
TripAdvisor
Hotel Picchio(Orvieto)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdaniela and marcowonderful hostsother guestsglowing reviewsgoat farmpasta makingrenovated farmhousea great home baseolive groveswelcoming couplelovely poolhomemade jamswild boarperfect englishexplore umbriagreat companyumbrian countryside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2017

My husband and I were 8 days into a month-long dream vacation in Italy when I had a life-threatening DVT and many Pulmonary Embolisms which landed me in the regional hospital in Orvieto for 13 days. Lucky for us, I had pre-booked a two-night stay with Marco and Daniela at their beautiful agriturismo. This short visit became a 15 day stay for my husband and daughter from NYC who arrived to help. I say "lucky for us" since these wonderful hosts spoke fluent English (barely anyone at the hospital did!) and were amazingly supportive throughout my whole ordeal. Not only was Daniela available 24/7 by phone to act as an interpreter for me with hospital staff, she also sent delicious food to me (the hospital meals were inedible!), gave loving care to my husband and daughter with suggestions for fun things to do when they weren't allowed in the hospital with me and made sure they got lots of rest in the beautiful suite she provided. Marco too was so sweet and caring; his dinners were just the best on our whole trip! Since this whole hospital experience was so unexpected, I felt especially blessed to have Marco and Daniela in our lives at this very scary time. Once I was released from the hospital, I was able to spend two very special nights at the farm before flying home to San Diego. Once I was home, I received emails from them checking on me to make sure I had arrived safely. Needless to say, I will be indebted to Marco and Daniela for life and will always
consider them friends. I cannot wait to return to their home, which will be our first stop on our next trip to Italy!

Room Tip: The farm is high on a hill surrounded by beautiful scenic views. All rooms are quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Njgirvin
Reviewed November 12, 2017

Booking with Daniela and Marco online was very easy. They both speak English (and multiple other languages!) so corresponding back and forth was comforting and accurate. Daniela and Marco (and Miles) were so friendly and welcoming. Their hospitality was warm and genuine. It was so fun to spend time talking with them. They were very helpful with directions and sightseeing tips. This was a beautiful and relaxing area and property. Their place was gorgeous, comfortable, clean and very tasteful renovated. The bedrooms and bathrooms are large (the largest bathroom of the eight we had in Italy!), comfortable, clean and nicely appointed. Everything you would want or need, with a beautiful view of the property, pool, and Orvieto too! For sure have Marco cook dinner for you! It was delizioso! Also, the goat cheese farm and tasting with wine that Daniela arranged for us was a real highlight at Fattoria Il Secondo Altopiano where we spent time with the whole family (and goats) and had the most delicious and different goat cheeses ever! A very unique and authentic experience! Orvieto was a very cool hill town (and we wish we had more time to explore it). We also went to Assisi, Todi and Civita. We would highly recommend Antica Olivia as your home base in Umbria. We only spent three nights and would recommend at least a couple more nights if you can.

Room Tip: This isn't a "luxury hotel". It's a beautiful Agriturismo! Our room & wonderful en-suite bathroom was upstairs-view of the pool and Orvieto.
Reviewed October 31, 2017

We stayed with Daniela and Marco and they were some of the best hosts we have ever had in Italy. They made us feel very welcome and were quite helpful with restaurants and things to go see in the area. I would highly recommend that you book some time at Antica Olivaia. I know we will! So beautiful and very relaxing.

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor room and it was lovely.
Reviewed October 17, 2017

What a divine find - beautiful quiet house with glorious sweeping views of Orvieto (which, if you're lucky, Mikes the dog will enjoy with you) but the best things about this place are hosts Daniela and Marco - two stellar humans who will welcome you like family and spoil you rotten! From travel tips, directions, restaurant bookings to cooking huge delicious dinners and chattting up a storm, these two have got it covered. I only wish we could have stayed longer!

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed October 10, 2017

We had a tremendous stay at Antica Olivia and would highly recommend to friends and family. Marco and Daniela were tremendous hosts! Poor Marco had injured his foot and yet still put on a terrific pasta making demonstration for us in-between trips to the doctor and preparing our dinner for later! You honestly could not find a more hospitable and welcoming couple and we didn't want to leave. The facility was clean, cozy and close enough to Orvieto to not be too far for a few hour trip or dinner, and yet far enough away that you were very much out into the countryside. We didn't want to move on to our next destination and Antica Olivaia will be high on our list of places to return for a longer time. You won't find a better value for your money.