“A really excellent seafood restaurant...on the beach”
Review of Franco Mare

Franco Mare
Price range: US$59 - US$141
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situato ad un soffio dal centro di Forte dei Marmi, il ristorante Franco Mare è una cartolina sulla Versilia, il suo ambiente elegante e raffinato ad un passo dalla riva del mare, con i piedi sulla spiaggia, lo rende un locale unico nel suo genere.Cucina di alto livello alla guida di uno dei piu blasonati Chef della Versilia,pesce freschissimo pescato dalle barche della propietà, tavoli sulla spiaggia e a bordo piscina, per una cena all'insegna del buon gusto in un locale di vero charme!Luogo ideale anche per cerimonie o feste private ,ritrovo ormai esclusivo per i personaggi che frequentano la riviera Versiliese.
Reviewed 29 July 2018

We had tried before this restaurant and had been pleased with its ambience, style and extremely good staff, but we had been there only for lunch (twice). My wife and I decided therefore to try it for a quiet intimate dinner (our house being 600 yards from this place...) and we were definitely NOT disappointed. The ambience is very refined, in an elegant, seaside style with table neatly arranged around a pleasant pool , cutlery is unusual but stylish, everything speaks of people trying hard to be good to their customers. Being this the heart of Versilia, it's clear that customers of a high-level place like this are used to be treated very well; and they succeeded. Massimiliano proved to be a supreme maitre not only in mixing my favourite Martini cocktail exactly as I want it to be, but also creating on the spot a cup of mayonnaise sauce for Anna, mixing by himself the egg and the tangerine-flavoured olive oil. That's what being a real maitre means! The food was altogether excellent, oysters, raw fish, spaghetti with seaweed and vongole, everything was exquisite. Well, not cheap of course, but you don't expect this level of quality to be cheap; if you want to spend less you can find many other good places in Marina di Pietrasanta. None, obviously, at this level of quality.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Visited June 2018. The restaurant sent a car to fetch us at hotel ! excellent food including risotto and fresh sea food Italian style.

Good Wine and most friendly French Sommelier. The car took us back to hotel at midnight after a most excellent meal.
Will return

CP & CP family

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Love this place, romantic and staff are all so professional. Hands down on the food, absolutely delicious. I hope this receives the Michelin star soon

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Franco Mare is a trendy family run beach club that turns to be a very nice and elegant restaurant at night.
Excellent fresh seafood cuisine (there is also a 6course menu suggestion) with a wide choice of wines, especially from Champagne and Franciacorta regions. Service is very good and you feel a high level of care in a nice sea environment (there is a very nice pool in the middle as well).
On the expensive side but the bill is justified by the mix of quality of the food, professional service and sophisticated setting.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

My friends from Forte dei Marmi recommended me this place. It is a jewel hidden in between the busy restaurants and streets in the area during summer. We called ahead to make reservations and asked if it was ok to take our small dog. When we arrived our table was ready and even a bowl with fresh water for my dog was there. The staff was super professional and very helpful. They recommended us the champagne and suggested us the fresh catch of the day: octopus, raw fish, cod... everything was excellent. They discreetly approached us, every now and then, to ask us if everything was fine :) I recommend Franco Mare. From all the restaurants I had visited in the area, this is the one that OVERALL has won my admiration.

2  Thank Armando C