Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2018

I wanted to read previous reviews on this hotels before I wrote mine as they were marked quite low and I wanted to know why. You need to remember this is a 3 star hotel so expect 3 star accommodation. I always take this into account when booking so don't expect anything different. Hotel is easy to book through booking site. Easy to find as its on the main street to your left of the port and first right down a side street. It's close to all amenities, 5 minutes walk from port. check in and out was easy. They like you to pay the day before you are due to leave, which I don't have a problem with. I found all staff friendly, including the owner - who could talk for hours ( which I love in the Sicilians/ Italians). No lifts. Luggage storage seems to be in the reception area if you wanted to leave it. The hotel reception area was quite quirky old fashioned, with old fashioned telephones and booths with functioned. The passage to our room was through an enclosed canopy garden area. Nice sun terrace for sun bathing on the top with showers and lines to hang wet clothes. The room itself was very basic but clean and tidy, it had aircon, TV and fridge. No tea/coffee supplies. The bathroom … Yes it was more of a wet room and the shower was over the toilet ( I just removed the toilet roll and put it back later). There was a shower mat to put on the floor and a floor towel/mat to stand on afterwards, this wasn't an issue for me. It would have been better not to have the boiler getting in the way of your shower but never mind, but at least there was hot water. Not the most powerful of showers but I've had worse. We had a room in a corner of the garden so not much of a view ( but who goes on holiday to stay in their room - I don't)Hotel seemed quiet. Breakfast was a basic selection just as I would expect. Free wifi. Yes there was the odd mozzy in the room but I've never stayed anyway that hasn't anyway. I thought it was value for money and I would stay here again. There is somewhere in the hotel massage and sauna facilities, obviously I didn't use them so cannot comment.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Littlecalfuk
Reviewed 17 July 2018

If you want a holiday with memories, this hotel will guarantee you that. We arrived late morning, left our bags and went and explored Lipari and Vulcano. On returning after dinner, we got the room keys, handed them out to the group and promptly went to find our rooms. My room had no working air-conditioning and the shower was practically on the toilet, meaning the toilet roll got damp and the bathroom floor was soaked and slippery for the rest of the evening. Who would put a shower in that location?!

On asking about wi-fi, I found the other teacher at reception trying to connect and failing. Then giving his phone to the receptionist who also couldn't connect and threw the piece of paper away saying rubbish, and still not connected to wi-fi. No tweet to parents tonight then!

We went off to check the students were in their rooms, and that is where the adventure began. One room was a bunkbed with next to no space in what felt more like a corridor than a room. Another had no working air-con and a ceiling fan which wobbled precariously, and one room we couldn't find. On asking the hotel receptionist where room 36 was, he stated in a manner not to disimilar to Basil Fawlty, next to 26 of course. I implied that was ridiculous and promptly went to walk up the stairs, at which point he then shouted at me! Room 36 was between rooms 25 and 26...I wondered what breakfast would be like having now read other reviews, small but enjoyable, i was relieved to be leaving. I would not choose to stay there again, ever. According to our guide, he has a reputation on the island and clearly meets that expectation with an A*

However, should it be taken over by new management, it is a very quirky hotel with bags of potential.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Honestly I rarely write bad reviews but here the owner of the hotel is terrible. We stayed 3 days and he has been constantly yelling at its employees at the lobby as well as customers. This behavior isn’t acceptable in front of customers.

Besides that, standard rooms are pretty basic, at the first floor they are quite dark, and you have open shower directly in the bathroom.

Location is great but you have plenty of nice hotels around so you should clearly go on our way.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2017

After visiting several aeolian islands we came in this hotel and were shocked. The toilet was in the shower! The bathroom overall was really small and the whole hotel is not modernised. The beds are also very hard and nobody of our group slept well. Also, for as far as I know, there is no elevator! Lucky we were on the first floor! We also had a lot of musquitos in our room.
The only advantage is that it is in the centre and really close to the harbour.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Anneke R
Reviewed 4 August 2017

There is so much to this hotel. The items in each area were so interesting. One would think you were in a museum with all lovely memories of life, culture, and art. The room was wonderful, so lovely, and the breakfast was wonderful.

Date of stay: August 2017