Stayed in Cristallo with my husband whilst 7 months pregnant with our first baby. Loved the experience and would definitely return.
- STAFF: they are outstanding. Everyone we encountered - housekeeping, concierge, check in staff, bar staff, waiters were extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful. They seemed to anticipate what we'd need before we actually said anything. Special thanks to Katia on the front desk who offered to move us rooms after I happened to mention our room (on the first floor) was directly above the piano bar and in late pregnancy I was struggling to sleep.
- VIEWS: stunning views of the mountains; it really felt like an alpine retreat.
- SPA TREATMENT: I booked a facial and it was one of the best I've had; the therapist was knowledgeable, the products high quality and the experience very relaxing.
- SPA POOL/FACILITIES: spotlessly clean and smelled great - that covers the pool, toilets & showers. Never short of towels or loungers. The pool was a lovely temperature and the Jacuzzi was great - I especially liked the table of water, fruit and herbal teas.
- BAR: beautiful, comfortable and a great selection of drinks. Each order comes with some cute wee snacks and there's some soft live saxophone & piano every night.
- SHUTTLE SERVICE: superb. The centre of the Cortina D'Ampezzo is quite a walk away so we did use this often - essentially a private, pre-paid taxi for you. We used it throughout the day and in the evening, waiting on average 5 minutes between phoning and it arriving.
- TRANSFER: we booked a transfer from Marco Polo airport to the hotel which is roughly a 1.5 hour drive. This involved a diplomatic car picking us up on the tarmac, taking us through customs & picking up our luggage & out to the Alps. It was brilliant - I will never forget that experience.
- COMMUNICATION: as soon as we booked we received a personal email from the concierge to ensure we had everything we needed, offering extra help etc.
- BREAKFAST: we had breakfast in the Terrace overlooking the mountains every morning and loved it. Tea/coffee is served with a tea plate of pastries and you’re free to enjoy the buffet. We found this to be well stocked with lots of choice – including a make your own juice station which I thought was unique compared to the other places we’ve stayed.
- ROOM AMENITIES: I would say are quite light; no tea & coffee making facilities, ironing board & iron or air conditioning in my room to use whenever I need. The hotel specifically doesn't supply them as they specify this is a hazard & you can of course go to the bar and order a tea or ask concierge to use the laundry service. However both of these cost and I'm used to getting these things for free in cheap hotels. The bed was a wee bit hard for my liking too.
- FOOD: whilst elegant, beautifully presented & well put together, I found myself a wee bit disappointed at times due to the price. My husband ordered a salmon dish for over 30euros, and when it arrived under a silver cloche it was two tiny bits of fish on a huge plate - no dressing, veg etc. I felt this was quite mean for the price paid. He said however it had a lovely taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the Dolomites, the historical five-star luxury Cristallo, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa has accommodated the most famous personalities of the 20th century. The Hotel offers an unforgettable stay, in a luxury and glamour context, providing great attention to details and top quality services. At your disposal the Cristallo Ultimate SPA, for a complete remise en forme. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cristallo, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cristallo Hotel Spa And Golf