“Big Food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

Tried this place for dinner due to the great TA comments regarding their pizza. The pizza was indeed very good (I had the Casa Della), but when our kids saw the menu they wanted lamb chops and pork ribs! The meat was very nice and the portions were enormous, but prices very reasonable. The man at the next table ordered a steak, and I kid you not, it was bigger than the plate...... reminded me of a Fred Flintstone brontosaurus steak! It's not 'fine dining' but it's cozy and hearty. We did not make a reservation, but by 8pm it was pretty busy, so probably worth making one.

1  Thank Rtjmclean

Reviewed January 11, 2017

We ate here twice during our 4 day stay in Cortina. Make sure you make reservations in high season since it is packed. They were really busy but did a perfect job with our orders. We took out pizza one night and it was great and the second time, we ordered pasta dishes and they were all heavenly. The spinach gnocchi was the lightest I've ever had. Incredible! It's a simple place but with a nice menu. We noticed there were many tables with large groups. Fun place. Go!

Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

Good price- quality regarding to menu, and by atmosphere common cozy place. Noisy terasse due to main road but possibility to look people walking on the street. Local food is worth to taste!

Reviewed February 2, 2016

We have visited this restaurant in summer and winter and always try to book as it can get very busy.
In the summer you can eat outside.
The staff are very friendly and as my Italian is limited, it's a benefit that the staff speak English.
The house wine is good and can be purchased in various quantities, not just by the glass.
The decor is interesting with old pictures of the area.
The toilets are clean
Parking can be a problem later in the evening.

Reviewed August 13, 2015

My son and I went back every day. I am Italian and my son recently studied in Italy for a month; we know Italian food pretty well. The pizza is really good; the stinco is excellent; il cervo good, not great. Got to get there before 8 or really busy until very late; they will get you in but service gets slow; outside tables nice in the summer. Beer 'rossa' also good. Good prices. Close to center. Parking is hard.