FindHotel
Destinia.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2019

I stayed at this hotel for four weeks in May 2019. I was accompanying a group of 38 undergraduate students from Oklahoma (USA). My review is based on both my experiences and the feedback I received from the students.

The internet at this hotel does not work. For the whole four weeks, the students had no internet access at the hotel! How can we expect students to do well in two fast paced courses if they are not offered the minimum structure to do their academic work? And every time anyone tried to talk to the staff, they were immediately shut down. Moreover, sometimes students would stay in the hotel lobby to try and get some internet access and get some work done (in the rooms was even worst), but they would be told that they needed to go up to their room. Any time after 11PM the students were not allowed to stay at the lobby working, because the man from the night shift would tell them they needed to go to their room. Which leads me to the next big problem, service.

Regarding service, it is my understanding that the owner of the hotel is the man that stays at the reception in the morning. I also gathered that the man that sleeps in the reception at night is his brother. Well, both these men are absolutely appalling. The owner is an awfully rude man, who on one occasion yelled at me and called me names in Italian. I am not fluent in Italian, but I speak Portuguese and I know what "idiota" and "imbecille" mean (it means idiot and imbecile). That man started yelling at me because I politely asked him what students were asking me, which was when they could expect their towels to be changed. This was during our eighth day of stay and the towels had not been changed yet! So there you have it, this four-stars hotel does not change towels and you get yelled at if you ask about it.

Toilet paper and soaps were also not replaced in the room. Myself and the students had to go to a supermarket nearby to buy toilet paper and soap. I would imagine that a 4-star hotel wouldn't mind replacing toilet paper and soap!

It is true what another review said about the AC not working. It was not possible to adjust the temperature in the room. Apparently it was a central adjustment that no one at the front desk did anything for any of us!

The students were given a curfew, even though the hotel says has a 24-hour front dest. The students were not allowed to leave the hotel and were yelled at if they tried to come back after this time. The man that stays at night in the front desk (the owner's brother) sleeps on the couches at the reception and is less than happy is someone wakes him up. Besides disgusting (I mean, the man sleeps on the couch you sit to hang out at the lobby!), it is absolutely ridiculous for a so-called 4-star hotel to have a curfew for its guests! Early morning on a Saturday I was catching a train really early and left the hotel at 5:10am. The employee (owner's brother) was sleeping on the couch with a pillow and a blanked. He actually complained to me, asking where I was going and saying that it was too early and the hotel was closed.

My advice, find yourself another hotel, unless you enjoy being yelled at and called nasty names in Italian. Save yourself some trouble and book your stay somewhere else!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank VL_90
vogue H, SP at Vogue Hotel Arezzo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2019

This comment is an insult to our professionalism as well as full of inaccuracies.
We remember her, you stayed with us for 20 days with a reservation made by her school, a group of more than 40 students, as her school already knows, we have respected all the agreements made with them.
You are American, how did she understand conversations in Italian?
I want to clarify that knowing a little Portuguese is not like knowing Italian, a completely different language, this thing for us is so funny.
Why did you not specify that you were the only person in Your group to create problems for us, because his companions didn't complain?
You are making this comment only for revenge, only because we have not obeyed her whims, we have many customers from all over the world every day and you are the first person in 15 years to write such a review, I think the problem is not us , I think it's your personality.
We will contact your school as we still have your name, this review you have done can be interpreted as an act of "defamation", I advise you to review your position, because you alone will be responsible for future consequences.
We will pass this comment on to our lawyer.

Greetings

New Vogue Hotel

Reviewed 13 May 2019 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel and I think it’s the best in Arezzo. Location the best you can imagine, you’re already in history center. 3 minutes from Piazza Grande. Nice restaurants and cafes are also near. To have dinner at Logge Vasari is a must, awesome place with nice and beautiful atmosphere.
The hotel itself is also a small masterpiece, all rooms are different you won’t find the same. It means every time you come you stay in a different place.
The people who work here are so nice and friendly.
Minuses??? I didn’t find them and would be happy to stay there again

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank 982larisab
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Love this place.
The reception is always welcoming.
I have stayed at this hotel a number of times for business trips and I always look forward to the visit.
Perfect location the centre of Arezzo and always excited to see what themed room we get to stay in!
Breakfast is as expected in Italy - fruit and dolce.
Quirky, friendly and great location

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank loubeelou123
Reviewed 16 July 2018

This hotel is charming, comfortable, and good value. The manager and staff were all friendly and helpful. Our room was beautiful and with the amenities, it could compete with a 5-star room anywhere. We had a uniquely huge shower with two separate sets of shower heads and controls! Breakfast was delicious--included with the room--where we found the other travelers friendly and chatty and the servers accommodating. We had the kind of experience you'd hope for when traveling. Great location, two blocks from the train station and on the main shopping/dining strip. Hotels like this make you wonder why anyone would bother with the big chain hotels.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Litr8r86
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Zero service by staff when arriving. Large room and nice bathtub, only weird it is part of the bedroom (?). AC does not work and when asking staff about it we (a) get the answer that it is our fault because we have opened the window (we had not) and (b) he promise to fix it but does not do so. 26 degrees in the room. Over all whole hotel needs renovation. Very expensive with ~100€/night for this experience.

Date of stay: July 2018