All reviews best westerns al khuwair business trip large tv room service reception staff comfortable stay breakfast spread following morning comfortable bed rooms are big nice hotel good size swimming pool clean rooms other hotels special thanks
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Best waste hotels in my life, I stayed lot of hotel in last year for company purpose .But never sea such a waste hotel .front office people they dont know how to smile when sea gust .I feel that i came to death home

Room Tip: one tip- go to some other hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Checked in for 3 nights on business and personal trip, coming up from Salalah.

1. On 3rd night, Front Desk Person, Ahmad Al Amrari, Very disrespectful, rude and argumentative: regarding having friend visit my room. I came from out of town and was told I cannot have friends visit in room unless they pay 11 rial if it's over 20 minutes in room. I advised person lives in Muscat and is not staying overnight, and Ahmad continues to argue and asks is she staying at another hotel?? Ahmad needs some service & hospitality training. Manager then gave option to have visitor without charge, while Ahmad continues to argue, saying "i'll argue if you want to argue." I checked out of hotel that night and went to a competitor -- and there were zero issues with having visitors at other hotel.

2. Fridge didn't work, needed replacing 1st night.

3. No hot water first 2 nights; only warm. Maintenance said he'd turn up the hot water heater.. and it only got a bit warmer. No hot shower. Water leaked all over bathroom under shower glass.

4. During check-in at 8pm 1st night, I was asked to check in 30 minutes later and there might be a non-smoking room available. I refused, so they provided a bigger, non-smoking room, reluctantly.

5. No free breakfast option

6. Limited parking under hotel, with additional outside parking.

7. Free Internet

8. Electric socket at desk made sparking noises; I did not use for desk light.

9. One of two bathroom towels dirty; easy to get more.

10. Bed comfortable.

11. Only a few English speaking channels on TV.

This place reminded me more of the a budget motel than a hotel. 1 star service, 2 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank Rob Z
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night and what a terrible experience. Firstly the room was not ready and we had to wait 20 mins. It should have been ready at 2pm! No offer on a drink while we waited...etc

The room was plain filthy!! Dust everywhere . On the desk chair, bathroom and furniture. Wife was coughing immediately as she’s sensitive to allergies. The dust had been there for ages so clearly the cleaning team are incompetent.

We had a mountain view suite which was nice in size and well furnished but noisy! It’s on the freeway so you hear cars all night. The Windows didn’t seal properly. This was their ‘upgraded’ room.

The worse part are the staff. Especially the manager at the front desk. He smiles but offers no solution help or anything worth discussing.

We had the buffet dinner - very average with no special taste.

Overall this place was really disappointing. Given other reviewers were positive we were shocked how bad it was.

Not recommended. And definitely not to a Best Western standard.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank ManiG001
Reviewed 8 February 2018

I had two nights stays at this property. It is more suitable for business travelers instead of leisure. Very easy accessible and nearby attractions. Amenities are good and sufficient. Staffs are friendly and easy to communicate.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Checked in on JAN 19th - Checked out Jan 21st .

I must say i took a risk and booked a hotel room for the low price i got online, and was expecting it to be average or acceptable at the best.

The surprise was when i saw how spacious the room was, and how comfortable, clean and well maintained everything was. Complimentary Wifi was not included in the booking but we were given the access, and we had complimentary coffee supplies for 2 days.

Reception staff were very friendly and responsive, and there was nothing they couldn't help with, from showing me the nearest supermarket location, to providing me a rental car, and actioning all requests really quickly.

The breakfast and lunch were both nice. Nothing fancy or too "fine dining" style, but the food was tasty and we had a good variety of dishes to try.

Nice job to all the staff.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple