All reviewsalpine elementssteam roomski hotelsuperior roomboot roomstar hotelafternoon teaopen firequiz nighthalf boardbar area isupstairs restaurantcakescoffee machinehot tubthree choicesrooms are big
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Pros
Great location, so easy to ski in and out and so close to the bubble lift to give access to Courchevel. Also great to have the free button lift near the hotel. Exactly what we wanted for our first ski trip with kids in tow.

The staff at the hotel were lovely and very helpful. The hotel common area were clean. The lounge/bar was nice as was the games area downstairs with pool, table football and a pinball machine (NB you have to pay for these). The pool (although quite small) and hot tub went down well too. The website says you pay for Wifi in the rooms but this isn't the case, there is free Wifi throughout the entire hotel.

The room was bright and a good size with a balcony overlooking the ski slope. Plenty of room to put all our clothes away in drawers and in the wardrobe. I couldn't find any photos of what a quad room looked like so hopefully my photos will be useful to someone.

Breakfast options were good with cereals, bacon and eggs, fruit, yoghurts, toast. You can also request porridge or poached eggs. The evening meal for adults was ok with some nights better than others. The menu for the kids went down well and the staff were also happy to heat up the spaghetti hoops I had brought for my son when he wanted these for dinner.

In hindsight I would probably take up the option of paying a bit extra for the robes, slippers, cheeseboard and tea/coffee making facilities. We paid for a cheeseboard one night and it was really nice, much better than the puddings.

Transfer to and from the hotel went smoothly.

Cons
Difficult to get things dry, the ski locker room wasn't heated so boots didn't dry. It was also difficult to dry wet clothing as the room only had one tiny heater over near the balcony door and not near where you hang things.

Also despite have a quad room, there were only 3 hooks in the room to hang things on so had to double up ski items when hanging which didn't help drying. A minor detail but still an annoyance. If you have a quad room, I would expect enough hooks for everyone. Similarly in the bathroom, only 3 hooks for towels.

I was disappointed in our room, I think because I had seen the website photos (which obviously show a Superior room). We had a Premium quad family room which the website says is recently renovated but ours certainly wasn't with mould around the windows, a curtain hanging off the curtain rail, a broken bedside light, worn out carpet and the mattress on our double bed could have done with being replaced as it was VERY soft. It was otherwise clean though.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
CustomerCareAlpine, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Montana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear ShadowGirlUK,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the location of the hotel, its facilities and its views! I really hope you and the kids had a brilliant time skiing!

I was very pleased to read your comments highlighting how our staff are always willing to go the extra mile to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay with us. I hope your son enjoyed his spaghetti hoops!

I was sorry to note your disappointment regarding the standard of your room and I would like to assure you that the issues you have listed have since been addressed.

We hope to see you again!

Hotel Montana

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We had a 3 night stay at the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is perfect for skiing as it’s ski in ski out and just 200 yards from the lifts.
The rooms are basic but spacious and very clean and ours had a balcony and a beautiful view of the mountain, our only complaint is the mattress could do with being replaced as a little uncomfortable.
The staff were very friendly and the whole place felt warm and inviting with lovely seating area to relax in after a day on the slopes.
The food was also very good, lots of options for breakfast all fresh and tasty and in the afternoon when back from skiing a cuppa and slice of yummy cake!! (Rhubarb and custard cake AMAZING)
And then 3 course evening meal to choose from with all choices very tasty.
The resort of La Tania is a lovely intimate place to stay and we would recommend hotel Le Montana and hope to return again next year.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
CustomerCareAlpine, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Montana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hi Shawrr,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review! We were thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us!

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the location of the hotel, its facilities and its great views!

I was very pleased indeed to read of how amazing the rhubarb and custard cake was! Coming home to a beautifully prepared afternoon tea with all the trimmings is the perfect way to relax after a day on the slopes, right?

I was sorry to hear your mattress was not as comfy as we would hope and since reading your review, I have advised the hotel of your feedback.

We really hope we'll see you again soon!

Alpine Elements

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed with a few friends for a short weekend ski break and found the hotel perfect in almost every way. It is genuinely ski in/out which once you have sampled can never go back to walking to the lift or, heaven forbid, catching a bus.
The decor is standard ski style and sufficiently robust that bags of gear and boots can be reasonably navigated through the corridors. The rooms are clean and warm and ours had a full bath with balcony (could do with a drying rack for gear though).
The good was plentiful and high quality in that way the French do where making proper food is second nature rather than pinging something in a microwave.
Beer was €5 and they let you fetch excellent take away pizza from up the road at lunch.
Staff were mostly great but the boys could learn a thing or two from the girls who were fab.
Would be happy to return!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Nice bright spacious room with balcony overlooking the ski in/out piste, good clean facilities provided. On site staff were friendly and very helpful, service in the restaurants and bar was always available and prompt. Happy with the breakfast and dinner offerings, always something on the menu that tickled my fancy for the day.

The team are young and although they perform a splendid job, one could see few experienced members would probably add real value to the customer offering.

Would l recommend this hotel, definitely - will probably return next year.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Hi Desmond F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review! We were thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable week with us!

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with your room, its facilities and the amazing view of the piste that could be seen from your balcony. I was pleased to read your comments regarding the friendly and professional service delivered by our team at the hotel.

I’d like to assure you that whilst our team may be young, any feedback we receive about a member of staff is always acted on in resort by management and further support and training offered if necessary.

We really hope we'll see you again soon!
Alpine Elements

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Had a great mini ski break at this hotel. The hotel really is on the edge of the piste with ski in/ski out. Rooms were nice, lounge and bar cozy and relaxing..with enough space for everyone post skiing.
Best of all were the staff. They were attentive, happy to help with everything big and small, from just topping up the tea, to re-arranging a transfer as we'd had to change flights at the last minute, recommending the best value wine, and then making sure it was on ice for the next night too. Lots of little friendly touches that made us definitely want to go back to the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends