Hotels.com
Vio.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2019

I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff on the island. From the moment we arrived, to sending us off it the boat on departure, everyone was helpful, friendly and so welcoming. Ryan took us on a fantastic snorkel and Albert, our driver, went out of his way to take us for food and always had a huge smile on his face.

The island itself is stunning, with some of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. With no power during the day, you really got to just enjoy nature and relax in the peaceful setting.

I do however have some suggestions that would have improved the experience, and would also determine if I went back.

The beach huts are pretty run down with broken sun chairs and garbage everywhere. Our bathroom door fell off the first time using the bathroom, and it remained off for the whole stay. The room, especially bathroom, was filthy. There were used old bars of soap, used razors, and garbage in various places. I can handle rustic, but I like to feel like the room has at least been sanitized before I use it.

I also have a complaint about the dive master. One of the reasons we picked this island is because I wanted to go diving. When we inquired, he said he wanted to take us on a shore dive before a boat dive, despite both of us being certified and having many dives already under our belts. The shore dive was basically the same as snorkeling but for the price of the regular dive. To be honest, I got the feeling he was lazy and just didn't want to take us at all.

Other than these things we had a fabulous time! Massages on the beach were wonderful, food was amazing, and it really was a great relaxing getaway from the city. Thanks again to the wonderful staff!

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed August 20, 2019

The place is stunning and everything you expect from a small tropical island in the South China Sea. It's also very 'off-grid', no hot water, limited electricity, seawater showers etc. This adds to its charm but I just wish the management would get a grip of some of the basics. The resort could do with a good clean and some basic maintenance, and daily tasks like putting beers in the fridge and buying supplies from the mainland should be second nature, but they aren't.
Randy, the dive master, though is excellent. Very professional and as a beginner you feel completely safe. There are also loads of fish to see. I'd happily go here again and the staff were lovely, I just wish they took their jobs a bit more seriously.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

We had two weeks total to spend on the island of palawan and the highlight of our trip was Modessa Island. I would recommend this experience to anyone looking for a fun, private, quiet and romantic getaway. Response times via email were always prompt and helpful. The restaurant, island, and rooms were clean and comfortable, food was amazing, and resort staff was over-accommodating and friendly. After only 2 days we felt like we were saying goodbye to new friends and family as the boat drove us back to the mainland. Ray was the 5 star cook, friendly guest relations liaison, snorkel guide, and even local basketball professional. If you're looking for the guy that can hook you up anything on the island, find Ray - he is the backbone of the resort staff. Also, a shout-out to Andro, Boyet, Jun, Aldin, Aye, Carl, Maita at the front desk, Jude, Mark, and even the quiet and friendly mechanic Vincent. Salamat sobra for all your hard work, welcoming and FRIENDLY personalities as well as your professionalism. You guys all made our trip unforgettable!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2019

An hour's boat ride from roxas to modessa island, The staff on the island were fantastic so helpful and friendly. The accommodation is set right on the beach and the view from the rooms is lovely but basic but adequate for an island. There is no internet or wifi which is great so you just enjoy the peacefulness. The generator is only on at night. The food is good and plenty of it. The prices of drinks is reasonable. My family went snorkelling and saw a lot of different species of marine life. We saw sting rays, black tipped sharks and other fish from the beach. It was a beautiful place to stay and would definitely go back.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Wendyalice
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Nothing but LOVE for this place.
This was a dream come true for me, Modessa Island Resort, simply perfect, paradise.
We went for 4 days, thought we may run out of things to do but 4 days was not enough for this piece of paradise.
The friendliest staff, still friends now and chat on WhatsApp and Facebook. Food is excellent for the Philippines.
Everything is eco friendly, salt water showers was no problem. I did take extra conditioner for my hair, my hair is crazy with salt water but I was prepared.
The island is beyond beautiful and the snorkelling and scuba was seriously incredible, like a scene out of 'Finding Nemo'.
We will be back next year to see our new friends. I would recommend this place to everyone, anyone that loves nature. A big 10 FAT stars from me.
Sending so much love to you all. Miss you and see you again soon xx

Date of stay: March 2019