“Great spot to recharge”

Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Marahau
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hooked on Marahau is a cafe and beer garden located on the Marahau waterfront; 1.5Km from the start of the Abel Tasman National Park's Coastal Track. Hooked has arguably the best view in the area with vistas across Tasman Bay and north along the Astrolabe to Adele and Fisherman's Islands in the Abel Tasman. We serve cafe style breakfast and lunches with barista coffee and homemade baked goods. We also have a daily happy hour from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Dinner is bistro style with local wines and locally brewed craft beers.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited twice on way in and out of the National Park (in fact on the way out we drove to Kaiteriteri and it was so busy that we came straight back again). Good service, excellent food, lovely ambience, some really nice items on menu and good attention to detail. Kahurangi Rose was delicious as was the berry cider in lovely cold glass mugs. Would definitely return and recommend.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (668)

Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

We had dinner here one night and loved it. Great staff that were super friendly...we would have happily eaten here again. We sat inside but there was a nice outside dining area out the front.

Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

Popped in last night for a casual drink with the locals
What a brilliant cafe, two stunning staff members tabatha and a lovely curly haired lady!
Excellent service and after seeing the bacon cheese wedges we couldn’t resist
Local gin is a must try from golden bay!
And loved meeting a boat guide called piggy

1  Thank foodwineandlove
Reviewed 16 January 2021

Having just finished a 5 day kayaking trip, me and a friend had wanted a lovely chill REFRESHING beverage. Nothing too complicated or difficult one would think. Upon entering this ‘establishment,’ we were greeted by a staff member who would rather continue her job than even look our way. Immediately the vibes were off. When we were seated, it took maybe 10 minutes for someone to even come to our table, which was interesting considering a blonde chick would regularly come outside and peruse the outdoors with no regard to our table....or anyone else’s for that matter. The staff looked like they didn’t give a rats ass about their job which is fair because neither would I if I worked at a place such as yours.

Giving you guys the benefit of the doubt, we waited in anticipation for our refreshing drinks. But no, not to be. We were severely confused as to the drinks that sat before us. An Ice tea is a simple beverage that one shouldn’t be able to stuff up. How wrong we were. First of all, it arrived on a tray that I would expect to be served whilst laying in a hospital bed. Second, who on earth thought it was a good idea to deconstruct a deconstructable drink??? It’s not hipster, it’s absurd. I had to pour my own syrup??????

The drink, to put it politely could only be described as left over, petrol station ice block liquid. What kind of ice tea is neon pink? This was not what I was expecting. I am just flabbergasted to this level of idiocy.

However the beer was lovely. 4.5 stars? More like no stars.

Reviewed 13 January 2021

Stopped here for breakfast whilst travelling through the Abel Tasman National Park - best breakfast I’ve had on the road, and trust me I’ve had many during my time travelling the South Island! The eggs were poached perfectly, and the mushrooms were to die for!!! Hats off to the chefs in that kitchen! The staff members that served us were lovely too - no issue with us swapping to make menu items veggie, and the energy and vibes for 8:30am were great! A perfect start to the day!