“Can only be recommended”

Hotel-Restaurant Rossatz 8
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Rossatz
Cuisines: Austrian, Contemporary
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

The food is good with an excellent price. (12,- Euros for a truly genormous Schnitzel) And very fresh despite me being the last and only customer that day.

The locals seem to avoid it, but that has nothing to do with the quality of the food or the service, which was competent, quick and friendly and accomodated extra requests (Wifi password and extra side dish) with a smile.

I can only recommend it.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 6 June 2015

I spotted Rossatz 8 from above the town while hiking on the Wachau Valley Trail. In the small town, I saw an outdoor courtyard with large umbrellas to provide some shade so on descending from the hillside, I stopped in. I wasn't disappointed. The atmosphere both outdoors and inside is classy. I craved some beef so I had the Rossatz 8 burger and some wine. In a country known more for pork, I wasn't sure how my food would taste but to my surprise and enjoyment, the burger with fries was really good. And the prices were moderate. I will return next time I am in the area.

Date of visit: June 2015