“Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

First-time visitors to City Fire-Brownwood. Went during a festival in the Square, and surprised we got seated right away. Limited menu, fair variety of options. Limited sides - no french fries. Ran out of the clam chowder ... at 5:30pm. French dip was okay. Cheeseburger didn't taste freshly made, and we were not offered choice of cheese as indicated on menu. Side of caesar salad was fresh & a good-sized portion. Won't be back.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (212)

Reviewed 7 February 2021

Nice place to hang out. Food is great with drinks. There was a DJ there later. Waitress was attentive.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 20 October 2020 via mobile

Great food, great atmosphere, first time dinning here and the servers were awesome! The food had taste leaving you wanting more. We will be returning to this restaurant for future dinning experiences.

Reviewed 16 October 2020 via mobile

I was looking for someplace to sit and chill before the nightly entertainment and saw this restaurant had a great covered patio, And it was busy in the afternoon to me that’s a great sign.
I wasn’t planning on eating a meal but I ended up getting the turkey pear and Brie stone flatbread with a honey mustard glaze. I love all these ingredients but not sure I was going to love them all together. I decided to order it. It was delicious, just the perfect combination. It maybe could’ve been cooked a wee bit longer but I loved it. What actually made the visit special was the stellar service. I will definitely return.

Reviewed 5 October 2020

We were recently having a nice lunch at City Fire. Halfway through our meal another couple was seated in the booth adjacent to us. Soon after another group arrived and were seated on the other side. Despite having an otherwise empty restaurant it seemed irresponsible to us to seat 3 groups in consecutive booths. We were completely uncomfortable with this, packed up our remaining food, and left. We told the waitress of our concern, but the hostess was not to be found. We won’t be back until they adopt more sensitive and responsible seating policies. Note: I mistakenly reported a similar review for the Lake Sumpter restaurant, but our experience was at Brownwood, and not at Lake Sumpter.