“Company ok, snorkelling a waste of time”
Review of TK Tour

TK Tour
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Taling Ngam
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The company were mostly ok. The driver who picked us up was friendly and not overly suicidal on the road.

The boat was fine, it floated and wasn’t too noisy.

The waiting staff at the restaurant where we were served food at the end of the trip were surly and not friendly which is highly unlike Thai people.

We chose the 4 “island” and snorkelling trip. Island is a grand term for basically 4 big rocks. Nothing much to see save for some shacks perching on them.

Next off to stop for snorkelling for an hour. Supposedly the best reef in the area it is a major disappointment. The coral is completely bleached and consequently there are very few fish, certainly nothing exotic. The boat staff attract some small fish using bread but this pointless and unnatural.

Next stop off another island for a relax on the beach. The beach was ok, like many others in Thailand.

The trip is relatively cheap at 1500 bht for an adult just don’t go expecting to see a coral reef full of life and colour.

All reviews
"storm"
"meals"
"chill"

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We booked the fishing and snorkelling excursion...it was a blast. The crew Tai and apologies I forgot the captains name were great. We all caught fish so everyone was happy!
We then moved to the reef to snorkel and saw a variety of beautiful multi coloured fish.
Then on to a stunning island where our fish were cooked, so not only did we get a fantastic picnic but we had a fish course too!!
Super fun!

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped at TK Restaurant while cruising the island to get an ice cream for our children. We were talked to in the most impolite way we ever experienced in Thailand. Certainly not a place to recommend!

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

TK Tours provide a great service if you want to make a tour of the out lying islands; be it together with others or by a private boat.

They have quite an assembly of boats, from the local long tail boats to the more modern types so it’s entirely up to your budget.

One of the better boat operators here.

1  Thank Patrick L
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 September 2017

My partner and I picked package E with this tour company and had a magical time, the taxi arrived on time and there were 6 of us together on the tour. After 30 mins from Chaweng we arrived and received a warm welcome and also requested chicken instead of fish for the evening super which they were able to accomodate no problem. We then got in the boat and each had a row for each couple which was nice - plenty of room. About 20 mins away we enjoyed snorkelling - yes the reef is dying but there is little they can do about this I still found it really impressive and saw lots of species of fish and a octopus on the corals! I cut my foot slightly on a coral so thought for everyone's safety that I would get out the water - the two guides on the boat were really attentive and i assured them i was fine. They gave me bread so i could feed the fish instead and offered me water which i thought was nice. We then went to a little deserted island and enjoyed a few hours here - me and my partner explored the look out point and around the beach which was a little hidden paradise. The guide offered free fruit, cans of drink and water (also enjoyed a few beers!). We then went to the sunset spot which was incredible and they knew the best place to take us for the ideal pictures and to enjoy it! After getting back each couple had a table each and we were brought out 6 different plates of food which has been one of my favourite meals so far overlooking the sunset which was incredible. Very reasonable priced cocktails which were delicious too! There was no rush to eat and get back on the taxi everything was relaxed. We then got the taxi back so was about a 7 hour day altogether. Everyone agreed it was an amazing trip and definately the highlight of mine and my partners so far. I could not recommend this place enough - shame to hear others below have not had the same experience. This surpassed all my expectations!