“Good Thai food ”

Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Westward Ho
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Overlooking Bideford Bay out to the Atlantic Ocean with fabulous views, big skies and stunning sunsets over Lundy Island, why not join us for local Devon waters fish, fresh Appledore mussels,local seafood, Devon and Cornwall Farm steaks and wonderful Thai food all cooked in our open theatre kitchen by our team of chefs led by Thai Chef Mack Yaruk. West Country ales and ciders and a list of hand picked wines from around the world. We cater for families daily however after 6 pm we are an adult only restaurant( 14 years old minimum). Moran's as recommended by The Sunday Times (Best of the West).
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went for a family meal while staying near by. The staff were good and the restaurant clean and well laid out.
The food was very good. I had the red curry it was delicious and spicy. The children's fish and chips was good, my daughter loved it.
I would definitely return here if near by.

1  Thank mattandgemma
Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had a great time the staff were really friendly and helpful in recommending dishes one of which was beef massaman and it didn’t disappoint it was delicious. Would definitely go again.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We visit this restaurant a couple of times a year when visiting family down in Devon. On all occasions we have been blown away by the food and service we had received. On arrival we were placed on a large 4 table which felt like we were quite distant from each other. The drinks came promptly and our food order was taken. However, when placing the order we were told the kitchen had run out of steak, bare in mind it was half 8 on a Saturday night. I was very disappointed even though the waitress was very apologetic, so I opted for Chicken in ginger instead. After half an hour, the starters were placed on the table, but they were clearly not starters they were somebody’s else’s main courses. The waitress came back a couple of minutes later, again very apologetic. 10 minutes later the starters came which included the chef’s special platter and it was delicious. Everyone was pleased with their main course aswell, however the chicken in ginger did not live up to expectations and the chips were quite greasy so I left most of my meal. Although the staff were friendly and approachable, the service has declined since my last visit which is a real shame. To add, there was no check back to make sure we were happy with our meals and there were no goodbyes when leaving the restaurant. We hope to be back soon for a different experience.

4  Thank clarahalee
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My eyes were bigger than my belly, I had started to eat the complimentary prawn crackers before my starter of vegetable spring rolls turned up...by the time my Weeping Tiger (sirloin steak w/ garlic and black pepper in oyster sauce) turned up I was stuffed, but the steak was so tasty I ate it all!!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I can't recommend Morans enough if you want amazing food at lunch time, The staff must all be handpicked as they are all brilliant, polite and friendly but remain professional, we were looked after by Pat who went out of her way to make our trip special. We will be back.