Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
StayForLong
US$172
SAVE US$14
PricelineUS$186
Trip.comUS$174
Prestigia.comUS$186
All reviews hotel staff lake view abant lake facilities star winter dinner
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2020

It was one of the best vacation I've had even though it was more of a weekend getaway. Go in winter, the area looks surreal and magical! This hotel is strategically located, it can't get anymore perfect! Paying extra for a lake view is TOTALLY WORTH IT, you wake up to such an exquisite sight.

The staff there are very professional, you can tell they are very well-trained in their job. Some 5 star hotels call themselves '5 stars' but know nuts about the importance of customer service. Abant Palace has got very polite, very service oriented and smiley staff - please convey our warm appreciation to them!

The hotel is just in front of the Abant Lake which is its huge selling factor. Some guests mentioned about the small rooms and while it's 100% true, I don't see a problem with this because one doesn't and shouldn't be spending much time in the room as a lot of time is used exploring the area instead.

The down side is, while dinner had great variety, the food wasn't served warm/hot. Breakfast wasn't impressive, spread was limited. Disco wasn't good either- there were babies and kids and it was boring. There was also an incident where I was in the room at 9ish in the morning and I heard knockings on the door and suddenly the housekeeping staff just went into my room. To clear the air, I didn't have the DO NOT DISTURB sign nor the MAKE UP ROOM sign. I don't understand how she could just get into my room after few knockings in the morning. I could be sleeping or changing. What's the hotel's policy on this?

Overall, this is definitely the go-to-place in winter, I can't imagine staying here for long, more of a short magical getaway kind of trip.

Abant Palace, we had a blast!! Thank you so much for everything, I couldn't stop recommending this place to friends... congrats and a big thank you to the staff- to me, hotel staff plays such a huge role in the whole overall experience and you have got amazing staff working for you!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Touch_Me_Not2015
Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

Abant palace is biggest hotel near the Abant lake, many rooms has lake view. Nature around is fantastic, pure air, gorgeous park. The hotel inside looks old, broken tiles on the floor in the lift, spots on carpets, water leaking spots on carpets inside the room, furniture has tired places, some strange smells. The present did not surprising when you see how guests (mostly Arabs) using all the hotel facilities, without respect to anyone or to anything, unfortunately. Food was good, wide variety, restaurant has terrace for smoke and drink tea (no service there but you can serve yourself and pleasantly enjoy your tea/coffee with cigarette). Hotel has spa and VIP zone with Turkish Hamam, steam, jacuzzi and sauna, as well you can make massage there, price is not low, but not overpriced as well. So if you don’t care about Arabs, you will have an enjoyable holiday there

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We decided to have a short weekend trip to Abant and after careful review and consideration I selected this hotel and when I was there I was happy that I made a right decision. The hotel is situated inside the Abant Lake Natural Park with a great view to the lake. The room was very clean and tidy and with all amenities. The dinner was great, there were plenty of choices, variety of different delicious meat, chicken and fish foods together with ample selection of salads. Breakfast was also great with too much selection of quality foods. All the hotel staff were very polite and helpful.
Reservation and check in/out was very easy and quick.
I would like to thank the hotel management and staff for their great hospitality and especially Mr. Orhan from reservation department for his warm welcome.
I was told that Abant is amazing during winter as well, so I plan to go there again and I'll definitely stay in this hotel at my next trip.

Room tip: sea view rooms are the best
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank VusalShukurov
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel feels like islamic/arabic; too many arabs dressed like sharia. I felt like a foreigner in my own country; like I were in Iran or arabic country. No alcohol around; only at the restaurant but like hidden, not obvious. No roof bar. But, even namaz pray part in room with a nice lake scenery. I will not recommend this hotel and will not stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank se2017277
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Firstly I would like to say that this hotel is a long way from 5 stars. It is not luxurious and is closer to a 3 star basic hotel. It is impersonal and large. It is however very family friendly, with plenty of young children everywhere.

The restaurant is buffet type, noisy and very brightly lit. Certainly not a romantic place for a quiet dinner for two.

That said the place is clean, the sheets were crisp, the food was as good as any buffet style 'eat as much as you like' affair.

The hotels situation is perfect overlooking the lake. However for us it was disappointing - I think a previous review compared it to a municipal hotel - I would agree,

Date of stay: October 2016