“Excellent Location, Excellent Food and Excellent Service”
Review of Gaucho Richmond

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Richmond
Description: On the rural banks of the River Thames, in the quintessential London neighbourhood of Richmond, sits our iconic boathouse restaurant and waterside terrace, which in the summer hosts another of our ‘Asado’ outdoor barbeques. A striking centre piece of our terrace boasts one of London’s oldest Plane trees, a beautiful feature for arguably one of London’s most sought-after alfresco dining spots. With our panoramic glass-panelled exterior we have glorious 360-degree views of Richmond Bridge and Petersham Meadows from our well-dressed dining-room and bar. An idyllic location for those long weekend lunches after a dog-walk in Richmond Park (this restaurant is dog-friendly all week long) or for gathering the family and friends to celebrate those special occasions. So, when you next take a stroll along the towpath, join us for an unforgettable steak, sampling our superb Argentinian beef and British seafood, or relax at the bar with a glass of wine and watch the boats sail by.
Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

We had the opportunity to visit this restaurant twice, soon after the lockdown in May. During our first occasion, we were seated outside and during our second visit we were seated inside. On both occasions, we enjoyed the food and more importantly excellent service. Particularly, Lomo steak was delicious. My children loved the chocolate brownies. The restaurant has an excellent location on River Thames in Richmond. Visiting this restaurant is not only an excellent gastronomic experience but also a very pleasant leisure activity which I strongly recommend.

4  Thank TrustLondon
Write a reviewReviews (1,401)

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

I have been here a few times and my friend was craving a steak so we came here on a very busy Sunday. The service is the reason this place has got a rating of two, as this was faultless. We ordered empanadas to start with.. These are £5 each and you have to order two. They were tiny and tasteless not how amazing they used to be. So disappointed. For main we ordered a fillet steak and ribeye with chips and green beans for sides..the chips and steak were stone cold, my friend who is pregnant and was starving bit into hers and said it's cold but she's so hungry she'll eat it. I couldn't eat cold steak and chips so the waiter offered to take it back. It then arrived again and instead of replacing the meal they reheated everything so the chips were too hot and limp and obviously the steak had been cremated! I was so annoyed and the waiter agreed that my what should have been a rare steak was well done (it actually tasted like a burger). The manager offered once again to replace my steak...my friend was half way through hers but I couldn't eat it. So the next one arrived which was Ok..what I would say the excellent quality food that gaucho was renowned for has definitely gone down hill. The beef wasn't as flavourful, the sides were poor as was the empandas. I have to mention that the manager did take my steak of the bill and gave a small discount which was nice of him. However, for what they charge and the experience I definitely won't be back. Shame really as I do love the Gaucho chain.

4  Thank saintlysinner
Reviewed 25 May 2021 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner here, as always. It was a little chilly out by the waters edge but the atmosphere was still buzzing, same as indoors. We had excellent consult on the wine list and the food was cooked to perfection. No complaints at all!

Date of visit: May 2021
2  Thank amydT92SJ
Reviewed 22 May 2021 via mobile

Lovely restaurant.The service was excellent as always . Great food and good ambience. Definitely worth the money!

1  Thank Teridur
Reviewed 15 May 2021 via mobile

On the hunt for a good burger my daughter and I decided to give these guys a go. We ordered from Deliveroo. Burgers and waffle/curly fries came fairly promptly and very well packaged. Beyond that the food itself was unimpressive. Burgers were unexceptional and both fell apart after a couple of bites. Fries were very disappointing - soggy and bland. For just over £40 for two burgers and fries we’d expected a lot better tbh. In my opinion Five Guys remains the best local burger delivery option

Date of visit: May 2021