“Great Location”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We called in here for drinks after our arrival in Llanrwst. This hotel & bar is well situated right on the river overlooking the famous Tu Hwnt Ir Bont tearooms.
Good selection of drinks and plenty of outdoor seating.
Worth a visit if in the area.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (199)

Reviewed 1 August 2021

Stopped the night for a friends wedding,the place was very covid secure.Our room was perfect and spotlessly clean was on the top floor and I walk with a stick .So was hard work walking up there.Lovely big shower ,with complimentary shower gel,shampoo and conditioner.Plus plenty of towels.Only down fall is we couldn't turn the heat down on the shower so made for an uncomfortable shower.Beds were super comfy ! Breakfast in the morning was huge and very hot .Plus the best scramble eggs I have tasted in a long time.Fabulous stay and felt very at home there.Well done guys .

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 24 July 2021

Right on the main road an impressive building ..... we were seated in the main dining room .. only us two then another party of six arrived . It's a vast dining room all set out with white table cloths .

The meal ... steak pie and chicken curry was good we had a window seat with lovely views . Quick service ... all very pleasant.

Went to the toilet before leaving ... and wasn't clean at all .

No one on reception to complain to ... bit of a let down.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 16 July 2021 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely break at The Eagle with my sister, my ex husband, and my dog Paddy. Beautiful location by the River Conwy. Friendly staff who went out of their way to help us,comfortable rooms, good food. Celebrated my youngest sons 30th birthday there and he really wanted to watch the England match- they kindly let us eat in the bar with the dog alllowed too, and we got a great seat in front of the tv for the football ! It was perfect! Thank you to the staff who accommodated us and enabled this.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 8 July 2021

i arrived just before last order for a meal and they quickly reserved me a table and assured me that i could order after i had checked in. the room i had booked was not available but they offered and upgrade at the same price. i found the new mattress in my room had a super soft foam layer but cannot sleep on that type of mattress so they accommodated a change that allowed me to have a good night's sleep.

the food was delicious with both vegetarian and vegan offers.
they had very good and well observed Covid measures in place

Date of visit: July 2021