Oakover Guest House(Weston super Mare)
US$103
Church House(Kewstoke)
Free cancellation until 07/21
US$110
Albany Lodge Guest House(Weston super Mare)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$76
Hotels.com
Bella Vista Hotel(Weston super Mare)
US$105
US$92
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Beachlands Hotel(Weston super Mare)
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$160
Cabot Court Hotel(Weston super Mare)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$60
  • Beachfront
US$100
PremierInn.com
Beverley Guest House(Weston super Mare)
US$95
Travelodge Weston-super-Mare hotel(Weston super Mare)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Rosita(Weston super Mare)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfeathers barwowcher dealprincess dianasea viewlovely hotelsea fronthotel restaurantreception staffcar parkkippersevening mealsingle roombreakfast was excellentvery pleasant stayfood was lovelyfull englishone night stay
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This hotel could be a great place but it's been left to go to the dogs.
No automatic doors, plenty of steps.
Family room with steep narrow stairway leading to it.
Curtains hanging off
Shower with no force more of a dribble
Dirty bath mat
Bath chipped
Windows very low to the floor (400mm) at the most with no way of locking them.
Furniture not fastened to the wall so easy to fall on small children.
Don't expect to hear a Somerset accent.
Double bed had only a single duvet
House keeping could be much better
Awful view

Room Tip: Premier Inn
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My husband & I first stayed at The Royal Hotel in December 2017. Sadly, our son passed away in November and we arranged for his Funeral Reception to be held at this hotel. We held the funeral reception in The Aperitif Bar, where the lounge area with bar was absolutely perfect for our family and friends after attending the funeral service at Weston-Super-Mare Crematorium. The Aperitif Bar has views across the bay offering a very peaceful and tranquil setting.

My husband & I booked a double room with breakfast for the day before the funeral & the day of the funeral, as we did not want to drive home to Middlesex on the same day. Also our daughter-in-law’s parents, nan, uncle & aunt also stayed at The Royal Hotel for our son’s funeral. The food at the Funeral Reception was excellent and we received excellent service from the staff for the 2 days we stayed.

My review is as follows:
• The room was excellent – warm, clean with solid furniture, and the bed was comfortable.
• There was an extra plug-in radiator in the bedroom. There was also a fan provided.
• The bathroom was clean with a bath and shower over. Toiletries provided and the towels were fluffy.
• The double glazed windows were of good quality.
• On Monday 18th December my husband and I had dinner in the Feathers Bar. The meal was good, and we had no complaints.
• Tuesday 19th December, the day of our son’s funeral, was held in The Aperitif Bar. I have stated above the service and excellent attention we received.

We were so pleased with our stay, we booked one night stay on 6th January 2018, which was my 70th birthday. We did not have dinner at The Royal Hotel, as my daughter-in-law had arranged another venue. The double room we booked was excellent and we were at the rear of the hotel with a sea view. The room, as on our first stay, was excellent. Breakfast was very good with a choice of buffet cold food and table service for hot food.

We also stayed at the hotel on Saturday 31st March & Sunday 1st April (Easter Sunday). We had a meal in the restaurant at the hotel on Saturday evening. The food was excellent and the staff very pleasant. We had lunch at another venue as booked by our daughter-in-law. Breakfast on Sunday & Monday was excellent.

On all the occasions my husband & I have stayed at The Royal Hotel, the staff in reception, dining and bar areas are friendly, helpful and efficient. The cleaners who did our room did a fantastic job. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of our room and bathroom each day. In fact, the whole hotel is extremely clean and well maintained considering it opened in the 19th century and is the oldest hotel in Weston-Super-Mare.

We shall definitely stay at The Royal Hotel, Weston-Super-Mare, when we visit our daughter-in-law and grandchildren.

As stated above our daughter-in-law’s parents, nan, uncle & aunt also stayed at The Royal Hotel for our son’s funeral and I do believe that they were also pleased with their stay.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Only spent one night here but well worth the £78 which included breakfast. Pleasantly greeted by reception staff both on checking in and booking out. Free parking if staying overnight but be careful to register your car with the receptionist. Single room was cosy and very clean and there was a massive bath. Tea and coffee facility included. Breakfast was good and was served by friendly staff. I would definitely recommend if you need to stay in WSM

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My friends booked a night in The Royal for me last Saturday. I was in a single room at the back of the Hotel overlooking the road.
It was a surprise for my friends 40th.
I was in room. 215.
It looks like the bathroom had been updated apart from the liner on the bathroom floor very 1970’s and the rest of the room smelt fusty .
It was okay for one night and I spent most of it out with my friends.
We had breakfast the next morning.
Some one needs to show the breakfast chef how to cook Bacon.
I have been in the catering trade 30 years and no you serve Bacon cooked not pale and the fat still white sorry but it put me of my breakfast.
For people traveling the in room facilities are good.
Take / coffee,
Hairdryer.
Shampoo Conditioner and Shower Gel
Clean Towels.
Would I stay again . Not if was my choice
Very much indeed of an make over / up date .

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My 2 teenage daughters bought me an afternoon tea gift as a Mother’s Day present because they know I love the sea. The cream tea was delicious! Unfortunately we were told we would have to pay to use the car park!
I understand in the height of summer if the hotel was fully booked but this is March and the car park was not even half full. We were only there for a cream tea using the hotel so it was ludicrous that the staff were so regimented and frankly quite offish when we asked if we had to pay to park.

To make matters worse I am a blue badge holder and could have parked on the road for free but by the time we had parked and gone into ask about parking my friend suggested it was not worth the hassle of moving the car.

Beautiful, thoughtful gift and nice afternoon tea ruined by thoughtless, inflexible staff!!

Would NOT recommend on this experience.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends