“Wonderful Full English Breakfast!”

Cedarbarn Farm Cafe
Ranked #13 of 69 Restaurants in Pickering
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 November 2015

Fiance and I came to the cafe for breakfast and were not disappointed! Portion sizes were very generous and everything was delicious, even the black pudding! Service was wonderful too!

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank smartace2006

Reviewed 2 November 2015

We bought a few things in the farm shop and popped into the cafe.Very popular,almost didn't get a seat.We had a cappucinno and a fruit scone with jam and cream,it was tasty but fruit was a bit hard.The meals looked and sounded nice,although they were a bit pricey

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Popped in the farm shop and found excellent local produce on sale, all food locally sourced, and very fresh. Everything for a good home cooked meal.

Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

From the road you'd be forgiven for missing this little beauty especially on a miserable October day but please stop and go into the shop, browse through the lovely produce then venture into the hidden treasure of the cafe to decide exactly how much of the shop you want to buy.

We will return again and again to sample the delights of both the cafe and the shop

A new special destination for us to visit.

Thanks

Reviewed 19 October 2015

Had been driving for approx. 3 hours and decided that I needed a coffee and a bacon sandwich.
The Cedarbarn sprang into view and so I decided to stop and give it a try. I was en route to Pickering to see a customer so had a few minutes to spare.
The place had 2 people in and the waitress was very polite and smiling. My wife asked for a cup of tea and asked if there was any cheese scones..No cheese scones only fruit types...just out the oven! My wife declined the offer of a cheese scone and asked for a tea to take outside as we had our Border Collie with us.
I had a cappuccino and a bacon sandwich.
The cappuccino was nice, nothing special and the bacon sandwich on granary bread was...nothing special.
When I ate my sandwich and my beverage I asked for the bill...£10!! For a cup of tea, a cappuccino and a bacon sandwich??
When I returned to my vehicle I checked my sat/nav as surely I was in Kensington or Covent Garden not Thornton Road Pickering??
No...I was in Pickering...not even the centre of Durham or Newcastle charge those exorbitant prices...I mean it wasn't even Waitrose...
Definitely wasn't/isn't value for money and will definitely scratch this off my return list when I pass again...

4  Thank Mapesworth