Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$78
Expedia.comUS$78
PricelineUS$78
2,018 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

Me my partner and 2 children stayed here for one night over the Bank Holiday. The carpark was full when we arrived so I went to reception to check in and get advice on alternative parking. The que was huge and around 20-30 minutes later I got to the front desk, check in was fine, I asked about alternative parking, she shrugged and said park on the road, I don't know. She was very dismissive so I left to find a space. The inside of the hotel was in poor condition, the walls were marked and grubby, the bar was not open on arrival at 4pm.

The room was basic which I don't mind but the walls were marked and stained. In the bathroom the ceiling showed the results of a leak and was very watermarked, there were also some dubious stains which looked suspiciously like blood, also on the ceiling. We were not provided with any soap which given covid is unacceptable, instead we had to use the hair and body wash mounted by the shower. I was left wondering how many other guests were not given soap and how that might affect the cleanliness of communal areas. The toilet was not working properly and took several attempts to flush. There was no window and no extractor fan.

The windows in the bedroom were poorly maintained, some were painted shut, others nailed shut and luckily one of ours opened enough to let some air circulate.

The beds were poor quality and we noticed that slats were missing.

The service was also very poor, when the bar did open they took several orders before serving anyone leaving many frustrated. In the morning we weren't given any menus or advised of what was on offer, staff expected us to know. We were told full English was available but we couldn't change any items or make choices of a couple of items for the children, it was all or nothing. Toast was cold, cereal options were limited to weetabix, cornflakes or rice crispies. The coffee was poor quality instant served in polystyrene cups with stick stirrers.

Overall it was in need of a deep clean and an update. I would not consider staying here again even if they paid me. It was obviously once a lovely property but not anymore.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank GemmaL1281
Reviewed 31 May 2021

Was once a beautiful hotel ,could still be if a lot of money was spent on doing it up, We stayed for two nights group of 7 ,we had a double rooms, 3rd floor,
First thing outside looks unkempt, inside it as had new carpets in reception area and staircase, some new seating in bar area, but the paint work has not been touched
Bedrooms newly painted walls,nice white towels, clean white sheets, good shower
But its down hill from here on
It has immigrants, homless,and people with housing problems staying in the rooms
at this hotel,
If that's what this hotel wants to do ,thats OK,
But they should not be advertising as a hotel for paying guest
It has to be one or another

1  Thank christopher w
Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

If you’ve never taken the kids to Disney then you won’t truly appreciate this tribute hotel to the Hollywood tower.
Parking is managed by an outside firm and booking a space doesn’t guarantee you a space.
The rooms are dated (the politest term) and haven’t seen a decorator since first constructed.
What classes it as “executive”? Must be the trouser press, but does that stop them from putting soap in the bathroom?
Managed to locate 2 plug sockets in the room, 1 for the TV other for the kettle. 4 lights in the main bedroom and only 1 worked, maybe travelodge have spoiled me in the past.
Staff at the bar will take your order and then disappear for 20+ minutes, the only way to get a drink is to complain at anyone wearing a name tag and hope they have a clue how to open a bottle or operate an optic, don’t push your luck with pouring a pint.
The queue at reception is massive at 4PM with people waiting to check in and then stays long with a mix of check in and complaining customers.
If I was the Prince of Wales I would have sued for misuse of name.
Although I have no proof I’m fairly convinced that this hotel had the first world wide case of covid-19, although they seem prepared for it with numerous signs around only a few seem to wear masks when walking around trying to fix the issues presented to them.

Room tip: Things to avoid = This hotel Parking Availability = Hardly any (lots of other hotels use the same car park). Please please stay elsewhere!
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank PaulT5883
Reviewed 25 May 2021

Stayed here one night 22nd May 2021 . Lovely spacious twin room, spotlessly clean. Comfy beds with nice linen. Couldnt have asked for more as a little worried after reading some reviews. Would definitely stay again. Great location for shops, bars yet quiet

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaydaws
Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

Most people are aware that Britannia Hotels are usually tired and basic. The Prince of Wales is no exception but was cheap enough to be very good value for money. Reception was pleasant and a little slow but my room was large and clean. If I wanted more from a hotel I would pay the extra money and not complain about some failings. I cannot comment on the food but my overnight stay was perfectly adequate.

Trip type: Traveled with friends