“Spur of the moment visit ”
Review of Shikara

Shikara
Ranked #5 of 161 Restaurants in Whitley Bay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award-winning, authentic Indian cuisine
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Best indian food myself and partner ever had and she takes some impressing the staff where exceptional very friendly I’d definitely recommend this place first class.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What can I say except good things,
Great food- authentic and tasty by far the best Indians I’ve ate
Great friendly staff
Great atmosphere
Beautiful restaurant
Can’t wait for my next visit ( it won’t be long)

Reviewed 4 May 2018

A boys night out ended at the customary Indian Meal.
We opted for the six Course Special which was tasty and reasonable value.
Service was good and the bill ok.
A pleasant ambiance and great staff.
Very good.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Heard about this restaurant and its succulent dishes on many occasions but did not find time until this evening when it was mentioned by my visitors that they would like to go out for an Indian Meal. Choosing Shikara did not disappoint us. Although we did not booked, they were made welcomed by the Manager and the staff alike. Great environment and friendly establishment with seating at two levels.Very modern looking decor, pleasant to the sight. The bar upstairs is well stocked. The Cobra beer was served cool. Very pleasant indeed. Soft drinks and wine are also available . Ah, the food. Every comments made by other customers are certainly true as far as the excellent quality of the dishes is concerned. The chicken madras was very tasty indeed, pleasant to the palate and all the ingredients well balanced. Not too strong or too hot. The Shikara Special Lamb Shahi Tukra was excellent , new to me but pleasantly surprised by the lovely taste. The lamb was beautifully cooked in a sort of tomato spicy sauce. The chicken Korma,too, was very tasty indeed, mild but pleasant as one would expect. The portions are generous including the rice. We were well looked after. Although the place appeared to be busy at all time but did not have to wait too long for our orders. Great place to be, succulent food at a very reasonable price. Very friendly and welcoming staff. A wonderful evening . Comments from my guests were very complimentary. Booking is recommended. Perhaps we got away without prior booking as we called in early evening. We were lucky.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

We live quite close but force ourselves to only eat here once a month as we could easily eat here weekly. After 5 years of eating here we've never had a bad meal. It is probably my favourite Indian of all time. The lamb desi naga is my favorite as it's just the right spicing for me. We've eaten at Shampan next door too, and it's good too, but it's no Shikara!