“Excellent food and service as always”
Review of Papa Luigis Ltd

Papa Luigis Ltd
Ranked #50 of 465 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Papa Lugis Wigan offers its customers a warm welcome, somewhere to relax and unwind or to celebrate that special occasion. We offer spacious seating with elegant surroundings and a family atmosphere. So whilst you're tantalising your taste buds with our delicious authentic Italian cuisine you can soak up the atmosphere as we bring that little bit of Italy to you.
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited Papa Luigis quite a few times and as always the food was quick and tasty. Service from the staff was excellent, all were attentive and pleasant to talk to especially the bar man. Thank you very much again for a lovely meal.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

What I mean by weird vibe is the male waiter took us to our table no smile but asked if we would like any drinks. another male worker came over with glasses on and assumed we were ready to order didn't ask if we were but was awkward so I said we aren't ready yet. He waited 5 mins came back and asked that time if we were ready and at that point yes we were. I started to feel uncomfortable as I felt an angry vibe from those two males or maybe a bit of a disorganised anxious vibe from them.

We asked about what sauce would be on the vegetarian tagletelle as it didn't state it on the menu and he didn't listen properly and thought we said a different one but we clearly pointed and said vegetarian tagletelle. With him it was just awkward interactions and it just made me uncomfortable. It felt like we had eyes on us all the time like I couldn't relax. The young female waitresses were very pleasant and not awkward at all they redeemed the service once they started to come to our table. I noticed the two males in the restaurant that I already stated constantly pestered the young female waitresses to do more and walk around when there was literally 3 tables that had ready been seen to including us. Don't get me wrong the food was so lovely had cheese garlic bread and penne arriabiata was gorgeous. But uncomfortable hearing the waitresses being harassed and told what to do constantly and they looked about 15/16 I think that's so out of order and unprofessional of those men making customers uncomfortable like that and making these young waitresses feel bad for not doing anything when there was nothing for them to do at that moment.

A few changes need to be made the decor as it was outdated and tacky with that 70's vibe napkin in the wine glasses and dark green table cloths. If it was modernised slightly and an adjustment of the attitude of the higher up 2 male workers walking around and bossing the young girls around working there it would be so much better of an experience.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Lucy T
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Came with my family on a whim and was a great decision. Everyone loved it. Service was fast and food was hot and came quickly (so we could get the children home). Thank you to all the staff.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank henrysofield20
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Went on Friday for my leaving do opted for the £13.95 early bird menu! I ordered the cod and salmon fishcake...and I sent it back it was bland, tasteless and 95% mash potato covered in artificial orange breadcrumbs I could of got nicer from the chip shop next door! Slight redeemed themselves with the tortellini main course which was pleasant but nothing to write home about and the tiramisu to end was again bland and boring in flavour! I shall stick to Franco's in future.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank andrealR1053BX
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere in a busy restaraunt. All the family catered for. Food and service was great.Food choice was.particularly comprehensive. Penne diavolo was hot.

Date of visit: July 2018